Four flagbearer aspirants of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) were in the Volta Region town of Anloga, to participate in the grand durbar of chiefs and people to crown the 2018 Hogbetstso festival.
Former President John Dramani Mahama, considered the frontrunner in the race to lead the opposition party, was captured in photos engaging in hearty chats with fellow contestants, Alban Bagbin and Ekwow Spio-Garbrah.
Sylvester Mensah, another flagbearer hopeful, was also at the colourful durbar held on Saturday, November 3, which also drew patrons from across the country as well as elsewhere.
The former president shared the cheery photos on his flickr page.
There are more photos here.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ahmed's killing cannot end like others - Rawlings condemns “reckless” Agyapong
- Murdered investigator: No reason to narrow probe to Agyapong – Ken Attafuah
- Akufo-Addo, Mahama congratulate Ya Naa -elect
- Yaa Naa’s funeral ends with prayers for harmony
- Referendum and district elections slated for Sept
- Ghana Airport Company MD removed
- My exit from BoG escalated activities of Menzgold - Fmr Deputy Governor
- Undercover investigator killing: Gov't charges police to speed up investigations
- NDC agrees to revise presidential primaries guidelines
- Video: NDC, NPP lock horns over Menzgold
- NDC diverted 100 vehicles meant for Education Ministry for party activities
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election