Four flagbearer aspirants of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) were in the Volta Region town of Anloga, to participate in the grand durbar of chiefs and people to crown the 2018 Hogbetstso festival.
Former President John Dramani Mahama, considered the frontrunner in the race to lead the opposition party, was captured in photos engaging in hearty chats with fellow contestants, Alban Bagbin and Ekwow Spio-Garbrah.
Sylvester Mensah, another flagbearer hopeful, was also at the colourful durbar held on Saturday, November 3, which also drew patrons from across the country as well as elsewhere.
The former president shared the cheery photos on his flickr page.
There are more photos here.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- 2019 budget to bring respite to Ghanaians
- 70% of Ghana’s problems 'Christian' – Peace Council Chair
- Alabi, Mahama, Bagbin, others want me to lead NDC – Abodakpi
- Dagbon protests: New region will not affect traditional boundaries – Dan Botwe
- Emir of Qatar lauds Akufo-Addo for ‘governing Ghana well’
- Ministerial nominees to be vetted by specific committees - Prof Mike Ocquaye
- Mahama promises law to regulate 'galamsey' if elected president
- OccupyGhana educates NPP MP on Right to Information Bill
- Speaker to name, shame MPs who are always late
- Office of Special Prosecutor: L.I. reaches Parliament – Gov't claims
- Akufo-Addo’s Free SHS policy law plan a joke – Minority
- NDC 'astonished' at President's 'my appointees are clean claim'
- Photo story: Furious Thursday turns to funny Monday at Adentan demo
- Kojo Bonsu pledges to make NDC 'most attractive party'
- ‘It’s long overdue’: MP accuses gov't of feet-dragging over anti-graft law