The National Treasurer for the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Alhaji Abdullah Ahmed Abdulla, has accused the party’s General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia of dictatorship.
He said the General Secretary has arrogated powers to himself and takes unilateral decision for Ghana’s main opposition party.
The conduct of Mr. Asiedu Nketia, Alhaji Abdullah noted has affected the party’s fortune.
“Asiedu Nketia is very proud. He has given small children in the party a chance to speak to some of us anyhow. If we don’t take care they will destroy the party.
“Asiedu Nketia is always quick to judge and always quick to spoil one’s name in the party when you disagree with decisions he takes. He has even taken the position of the chairman and so everything he says is final,” he alleged on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Wednesday.
Asked if he will vote for Asiedu Nketia during their upcoming primaries, he said: “If they bring losers in the elections, they will continue to lose”.
This notwithstanding, he said he has no regrets being a member of the NDC.
“I joined the party because the love I have for the party and Jerry John Rawlings and there is no way I have regrets regardless of the attitude of the leadership, he said.
Listen to Alhaji Abdullah speaking on Asempa FM:
The leading opposition party is preparing to go to Congress on November 17, to elect new leaders for the next four years.
Johnson Asiedu Nketia is being contested by his deputy, Koku Anyidoho, a firebrand and also former Communications Director at the Presidency.
The Congress will take place at the Fantasy Dome at the Trade Faire Centre, La, in the Greater Accra Region.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Step back from vigilante groups, Kofi Abotsi counsels NPP, NDC
- Long hours of parliamentary sittings health risk–Muntaka
- NDC disappointed Kwabena Adjei - Rawlings
- "It is misjudgment" - Minister-designate withdraws NDC Mahindra claims
- "The President must wake up!" – Baako fires
- Leaked NDC tape: Ampofo charges reduce, Gyamfi and Boahene added
- Violence not path for resolving conflict, Gov't to feuding Chereponi factions
- I’ll set up gold museum in Western Region – Tourism Minister-designate
- President assents to Civil Aviation Amendment Bill
- Militia confab: President’s response unfortunate - Sammy Gyamfi
- The Bible knows no biased prophet like Owusu Bempah – John Mahama
- New law on party militias sad, longer route to peace - NDC
- I disagree with JoyNews militia documentary promo - Sammi Awuku
- Law on party militia needless – Bentil dismisses Akufo-Addo’s plan
- Akufo-Addo directs AG to draft bill on party militia