Founder and leader of United Progressive Party has chastised the New Patriotic Party (NPP) government for what he says, is its failure to support businesses.
Akwasi Addai, also known as Odike, says all sectors of the economy are struggling, with little or no effort by government to deal with the challenges.
Speaking on Nyira FM on Tuesday, the businessman and politician said this year’s Christmas will be worst as times are hard.
“The private sector is as weak as carbonic acid and if this continues into to next year I won’t be surprising if NPP returns into opposition,” he predicted.
Mr. Addai accuses President Akufo-Addo and his government of cronyism instead of working to satisfy the masses who vote them into power.
He encourages Ghanaians, especially, women and the youth, to use their numbers to demand accountability from the people they vote for to lead the country.
Deputy General Secretary of the NPP, Nana Obiri Boahen, however, says it is too early for Ghanaians to complain about unfulfilled promises.
He acknowledges that although the concerns are legitimate, Ghanaians can express them after the President and his government complete their four-year mandate.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Militia meeting: NPP finally agrees to NDC's wider participation proposal
- Gov't firms up deals for Agric mechanization, Yendi Water Projects
- Step back from vigilante groups, Kofi Abotsi counsels NPP, NDC
- Long hours of parliamentary sittings health risk–Muntaka
- NDC disappointed Kwabena Adjei - Rawlings
- "It is misjudgment" - Minister-designate withdraws NDC Mahindra claims
- "The President must wake up!" – Baako fires
- Leaked NDC tape: Ampofo charges reduce, Gyamfi and Boahene added
- Violence not path for resolving conflict, Gov't to feuding Chereponi factions
- I’ll set up gold museum in Western Region – Tourism Minister-designate
- President assents to Civil Aviation Amendment Bill
- Militia confab: President’s response unfortunate - Sammy Gyamfi
- The Bible knows no biased prophet like Owusu Bempah – John Mahama
- New law on party militias sad, longer route to peace - NDC
- I disagree with JoyNews militia documentary promo - Sammi Awuku