Plans by Parliament to reshuffle members on the various Committees in the House have failed as Members of Parliament protest the arrangement.
A committee chaired by the Speaker Prof. Mike Ocquaye recommended a reconstitution of members, ranking members and chairpersons of the various committees.
But some MPs are unhappy because according to them, they were not consulted before the changes were carried out.
This they say is a breach of the standing orders of the House.
Joy News’ Joseph Opoku Gakpo was in Parliament and has sighted a list containing the changes and provides the following breakdown.
On the Subsidiary Legislation Committee previously chaired by Bawku Central MP Mahama Ayariga, Bolga East MP Dominic Ayine has been appointed new chairperson.
Wa Central MP, Rashid Pelpuo is to replace Ho West MP Emmanuel Bedzrah on the Government Assurance Committee as Ranking Member.
Akim Oda MP, William Quattoo has also been appointed Chairman of the Mines and Energy Committee, taking over from Odotobri MP Emmanuel Gyamfi.
The Health Committee’s Wa West Ranking Member, Joseph Yileh Chireh is also to be replaced by Juaboso MP Kwabena Mintah Akando.
Emmanuel Bedzrah who was removed from the Government Assurance Committee as Ranking Member will now become Ranking Member on the Committee on Works and Housing, kicking out Bodi MP Samson Ayi.
Saboba MP, Charles Binipom Bintim has also been removed from his Vice Chairman position and replaced with Sekondi Constituency MP Andrew Mercer.
Ablekuma South Constituency MP, Alfred Oko Vanderpuije will replace Pru West MP Masawud Mohammed as Deputy Ranking Member on the Foreign Affairs Committee.
Builsa South MP, Clement Apaak is also to replace Bia West MP, Augustine Tawiah as Deputy Ranking Member on the Education Committee.
But all changes have stayed following protests by the MPs.
Adansi Asokwa MP, K.T. Hammond and Ellembele MP Emmanuel Armah Kofi Buah opposed the new changes, saying they were not informed.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Top NPP leaders visit national Chief Imam ahead of “the night of power”
- Akufo-Addo attends world climate change summit
- Rawlings, others pay last respect to Steve Akorli
- Ghana committed to AU fight against jihadists - Foreign Affairs minister
- Prof Edmund Delle resigns as CPP Chairman
- NDC, civil society and others punch holes into Vigilantism Bill
- Ex-NCA officials ordered to open defense in $4M misappropriation saga
- Zanetor Rawlings rebukes Korle-Klottey Assembly for lateness
- Be less partisan on Vigilantism Bill- Majority Leader to Committee
- Let Amidu start with your own men - Mahama's aide to Akufo-Addo
- OccupyGhana lauds RTI presidential assent
- Special Prosecutor ‘completely wrong’ – Ayariga responds to charges
- Special Prosecutor begins prosecution of Ayariga
- CI to track source of political party funding in the offing - EC reveals
- Ghanaian voters' biometric data completely controlled by foreigners – EC laments