Members of Delta Force, a vigilante group associated with the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) caused mayhem Sunday at Tafo Pankrono in the Ashanti Region, when they disrupted a meeting called by their Parliamentarian, Dr. Anthony Osei Akoto.
The angry youth stormed the Tafo Pankrono M/A JHS on motorbikes and abruptly brought to an end, the meeting between the Tafo Pankrono NPP MP and his Constituency executives. The MP who felt threatened, had to be taken quickly into his car and driven to safety.
Leader of Delta Force in the Tafo Pankrono Constituency, Jafar Saeed also known as ‘O.D.4’, told Luv FM’s Kwasi Debrah the MP has failed to honour a promise made to them prior to the 2016 general elections.
“He met us and told us when we work hard for the party [NPP] to win the election, he will make sure we also enjoy and live comfortably,” Saeed said in the Akan dialect.
Dr. Osei Akoto was whisked to safety
Frustration however set in almost two years after the NPP won power as the promise made to them by the MP, has not been fulfilled. The MP, Dr. Osei Akoto, also refused to answer his phone whenever they called him, he claimed.
“So today when we heard he had come around to meet the constituency executives, we decided to go there to confront him over the failed promise,” he continued. Things turned chaotic after the irate youth were prevented from entering the premises of the Tafo Pakrono M/A JHS, where the meeting was being held.
Some of the constituency executives could be seen a video captured with a mobile phone, scaling over the walls of the shed under which the meeting was being held, others falling over and shouting for help.
Some had to be carried to avoid being attacked by members of the vigilante group. The MP is yet to comment about the incident.
Listen to Jafar Saeed in the audio attached:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Gov’t to write to diplomats over ‘false’ Mahama videos
- New regions won’t add to your legacy – Bentil tells prez to prioritise infrastructure dev’t
- Veep reiterates gov’t’s resolve to improve Zongos
- Governance expert pushes for law on selection of regional capitals
- Mahama urged to submit his evidence to Emile Short Commission
- Hot Video: Joy News Editorial: Short Commission - Same questions, different responses
- Parliament summons Interior Minister over recent children assaults
- Mahama's election bid hit with suit
- Suhuyini accuses Speaker of unfair treatment
- #GhanaConnect: Citizens ‘scared’ by witnesses’ accounts at Short C’ssion
- Mahama acted appropriately, deal with NPP thugs - Osafo Maafo told
- Dambai is capital of new Oti region
- Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region
- Sefwi Wiaso is capital of Western North region
- Joint CDD-Ghana, CODEO delegation in Nigeria