The National Executives of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), on December 4, paid a courtesy call on former President John Agyekum Kufuor at his residence, ahead of his 80th birthday.
The former President will on Saturday, December 8, turn 80, a milestone expected to be marked with grandeur.
The executives, led by the NPP General Secretary, John Boadu, said they could not wait to honour him on Saturday for his inestimable contributions to the party’s fortunes and to the cause of Ghana at large.
The executives also presented a special gift to the revered statesman.
The former president expressed gratitude at the gesture and was confident that one of his biggest wishes in life, for the NPP to remain in government for several decades, will be realised.
According to the “Gentle Giant”, it is only an NPP government that has the wherewithal to take this country to the land of prosperity.
He called on Ghanaians to support the Nana Addo-Bawumia government in this pursuit.
The party executives that made it to the former president’s residence on Tuesday included John Boadu (General Secretary), Rita Asobayire Talata (National First Vice Chairperson), Sammi Awuku (National Organizer), Abankwa Yeboah (National Treasurer), Michael Omari Wadie (National 3rd Vice Chairman), Nana Boakye (National Youth Organizer), Nii Laryea Squire (Deputy General Secretary).
Others were, Abdul Aziz Futah (National Nasara Coordinator), Collins Nuamah (Director of Finance and Administration) and some staffers at the party headquarters.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I'll continue Mills' policy of building party offices - Alabi
- I'll accelerate development if...Sly Mensah pledges
- Work hard, bring NDC back; Sly Mensah to delegates in Eastern Region
- I won't fail you; Prof Alabi tells Ashanti NDC
- "Reduce it again" - 6 NDC presidential aspirants turn Oliver Twist
- Bye-election: 'Unifying' NPP candidate emerges at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...
- Controversy brewing: Minority takes issue with GHS100m contract to a 1-yr-old firm
- Remember me on Election Day; Goosie appeals to NDC delegates
- Increase Parliamentary seats from 275 to 300 - Haruna Iddrisu
- GH¢240m approved for Sanitation Ministry
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption