The Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Mr Kennedy Ohene Agyapong has responded to Anas Aremeyaw Anas’ defamation suit against him and said the ¢25million damages he was demanding was peanuts.
According to Mr Agyapong, “that is peanuts…I’ll pay him [Anas] if I lose in court.
Speaking on Asempa FM Friday afternoon, Mr Agyapong boasted that what Anas was demanding was “too cheap.”
He insisted he has evidence to support his allegations and was prepared to face him [Anas] in court since he was not afraid of him.
Mr Agyapong said he was happy about the development because it was falling in line with his plan to "unmask" Anas since in court, he was going to challenge Anas to take off his mask for the case to go ahead.
Ace investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas on Friday filed a defamatory suit against Mr Agyapong.
Anas is seeking reliefs including general damages for libel against Mr Agyapong, as well as aggravated damages arising from some libelous comments published by Mr Agyapong in the sum of ¢25million.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t urged to consult broadly on Nima regeneration project