The Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Mr Kennedy Ohene Agyapong has responded to Anas Aremeyaw Anas’ defamation suit against him and said the ¢25million damages he was demanding was peanuts.
According to Mr Agyapong, “that is peanuts…I’ll pay him [Anas] if I lose in court.
Speaking on Asempa FM Friday afternoon, Mr Agyapong boasted that what Anas was demanding was “too cheap.”
He insisted he has evidence to support his allegations and was prepared to face him [Anas] in court since he was not afraid of him.
Mr Agyapong said he was happy about the development because it was falling in line with his plan to "unmask" Anas since in court, he was going to challenge Anas to take off his mask for the case to go ahead.
Ace investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas on Friday filed a defamatory suit against Mr Agyapong.
Anas is seeking reliefs including general damages for libel against Mr Agyapong, as well as aggravated damages arising from some libelous comments published by Mr Agyapong in the sum of ¢25million.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Undercover investigator killing: Gov't charges police to speed up investigations
- NDC agrees to revise presidential primaries guidelines
- Video: NDC, NPP lock horns over Menzgold
- NDC diverted 100 vehicles meant for Education Ministry for party activities
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga
- Out of court settlement agreed in injunction on NDC presidential primaries
- Alabi celebrates Victor Gbeho, Dzirasah on his campaign trail
- Chiefs begin process to formulate dev't agenda for Bono East Region