The arrest of the Deputy General Secretary of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) on Tuesday, has taken the media and the rest of the country by storm.
Koku Anyidoho was accosted by plain-clothed police officers from the CID Headquarters while at a press conference at the International Press Centre in Accra.
The reason for the arrest is yet to be known but speculations have it that the NDC scribe was arrested as a result of a comment calling for a coup d’état and the overthrow of president Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
Mr Anyidoho refused to sit in the police vehicle that was waiting to take him to the CID Headquarters when he was arrested but opted to do the about 600 meters' trip on foot.
Below are pictures
More Politics Headlines
- Bawumia mocks 'General Mosquito' over new Master's degree
- Anlo chief set to mediate Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute
- Minority calls out gov’t over employment data
- A Pratt-Baako ticket for 2020… To break NPP-NDC stranglehold
- Gov’t says 611,397 new jobs created between 2017 and 2018
- Builsa chiefs install Akufo-Addo 'Chief for the Poor and Vulnerable'
- Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre used ¢2m without approval - Report
- Akufo-Addo cuts sod for construction of Tamale Airport Phase II
- House of Chiefs defers Bunkpurugu conflict verdict
- PDS saga: Information Minister rubbishes Minority's petition to U.S.
- 'Free SHS has come to stay' - Mahama
- Minority petitions US ambassador over PDS debacle
- V8 scandal will not affect MP bid - Dumelo
- Apaak wants OSP to prosecute NPP members, FC officials over rosewood export
- $1m payment to Kroll Ass: Sanction Finance Ministry officials - PAC Chair