The arrest of the Deputy General Secretary of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) on Tuesday, has taken the media and the rest of the country by storm.
Koku Anyidoho was accosted by plain-clothed police officers from the CID Headquarters while at a press conference at the International Press Centre in Accra.
The reason for the arrest is yet to be known but speculations have it that the NDC scribe was arrested as a result of a comment calling for a coup d’état and the overthrow of president Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
Mr Anyidoho refused to sit in the police vehicle that was waiting to take him to the CID Headquarters when he was arrested but opted to do the about 600 meters' trip on foot.
Below are pictures
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Special Prosecutor begins prosecution of Ayariga
- CI to track source of political party funding in the offing - EC reveals
- Ghanaian voters' biometric data completely controlled by foreigners – EC laments
- I couldn’t rig elections even if my father was running – EC Chair
- Akufo-Addo extols Parliament for its 'courage' in passing RTI
- Update: Akufo-Addo assents to RTI law
- CODEO wants chiefs to galvanise support for district level elections
- ‘Ghanaians feel insecure’ – Mahama wants gov't action
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop