President Nana Akufo-Addo has virtually adopted the beautiful praise song, ‘Oye’ composed by James Varrick Armaah as the theme song for every ceremony he is involved in.
As an opposition leader, Nana Akufo-Addo’s events had the song routinely played. When he was elected president, Oye played in the air wherever the president passed.
Before cutting his 74th birthday cake at the Jubilee House, the song played and the president swayed characteristically to the rhythm.
He was flanked by former President John Kufuor, Vice-President Mahamudu Bawumia, his wife Rebecca Akufo-Addo, and close family members, friends and appointees.
But the happiest person appeared to be the Vice-President who clapped and appeared uncharacteristically gregarious.
See a short video of the event here.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- "Reduce it again" - 6 NDC presidential aspirants turn Oliver Twist
- Bye-election: 'Unifying' NPP candidate emerges at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- NDC Primaries: Alabi files nomination Monday
- Yellow for Yes, brown for No – EC on new regions referendum
- August 4 soon to be Public Holiday if...
- Controversy brewing: Minority takes issue with GHS100m contract to a 1-yr-old firm
- Remember me on Election Day; Goosie appeals to NDC delegates
- Increase Parliamentary seats from 275 to 300 - Haruna Iddrisu
- GH¢240m approved for Sanitation Ministry
- Ghana wants to emulate 'East Asian Miracle' - Akufo-Addo
- CSOs petition Akufo-Addo over stagnated fight against corruption
- Ricketts Hagan withdraws from “pre-determined” NDC primaries
- Game of Thrones: Wife, mistress pushed to succeed late MP
- Parliament approves medical drone agreement
- Former NDC MMDCEs back Mahama for 2020