President Nana Akufo-Addo has virtually adopted the beautiful praise song, ‘Oye’ composed by James Varrick Armaah as the theme song for every ceremony he is involved in.
As an opposition leader, Nana Akufo-Addo’s events had the song routinely played. When he was elected president, Oye played in the air wherever the president passed.
Before cutting his 74th birthday cake at the Jubilee House, the song played and the president swayed characteristically to the rhythm.
He was flanked by former President John Kufuor, Vice-President Mahamudu Bawumia, his wife Rebecca Akufo-Addo, and close family members, friends and appointees.
But the happiest person appeared to be the Vice-President who clapped and appeared uncharacteristically gregarious.
See a short video of the event here.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t urged to consult broadly on Nima regeneration project