Angry members of the New Patriotic Party in the Northern Region have raided the offices of the Ghana Highways Authority (GHA) accusing officials of the Authority of awarding contracts to their opponents.
The youth who are said to belong to vigilante groups Kandahar did not understand why the contract for the Daboya stretch of road will be awarded to a National Democratic Congress contractor.
On motorbikes, they besieged the offices of the GHA, Tuesday, and scattered papers after they were told the officer in charge was not around.
Today’s attack was the third, Joy News’ Northern Region correspondent Martina Bugri reported.
They had early on visited the offices on two previous occasions with verbal threats after they picked up information that the contract may be awarded to the NDC contractor.
They carried out their threat with impunity, Tuesday morning.
No arrests have been made, Bugri stated.
The Northern Region NPP has described the attack as “unfortunate.”
Communications Director, Mohammed Issah said the NPP will not sanction any such violent attack.
He said the party’s regional executives will soon be meeting to take a decision on the next line of action to take.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs
- Treat corruption as high-risk activity – Adwoa Safo
- 'President has killed corruption probe on ex-Maritime Authority boss'
- Ayariga questions Amidu's motive for filing new charges
- Apaak takes on Akufo-Addo, GBA, others for Afoko’s continuous detention
- Former IGP’s aide cites ‘mounting pressure’ for contesting as MP
- South Korean Foreign minister calls on Bawumia
- NDC places hold on parliamentary primaries in 37 constituencies
- I pursued politics with 'secret agenda' to implement BoG policies - Bawumia
- Bagbin, 4 other NDC MPs to leave Parliament
- Don't dare introduce new chamber idea again – Parliament warned
- Full document: Amidu files fresh charges against Ayariga
- 'Does NPP still have the men?' – Prof. Gyampo wonders
- #DropThatChamber: Newsfile panelists praise Economic Fighters League leader