A delegate from the Sunyani East constituency in the Brong Ahafo Region has condemned the delay in the election of National Executives of the opposition party, concluding that the Congress is the worst ever.
The delegate, who gave his name only as Yusif, told Joy News’ Roland Walker, that although the voting process has been peaceful, it has dragged for too long.
Speaking in Twi, he said he has been in Accra for three straight days because of the elections, a situation he finds unpleasant.
He noted that even national elections do not take this long.
We have been in Accra for three days. Living in Accra too is difficult. Because of this election, we are sleeping out as if we are refugees. We don’t know what informed the organizers’ decision to make the election drag this long. This is the worst, he said in Twi.
More than 15 hours after voting begun in the 9th National Delegates Congress of the NDC, winners for the various National Executive positions are yet to be declared.
Organisers have blamed a large number of delegates, at least 9,000, for the slow process.
More Politics Headlines
- I don't prophesy unprecedented projects - Mahama jabbed
- Jeremy Corbyn set for four-day Ghana visit
- Photos: Mahama basks in Homowo cheers
- Bawumia mocks 'General Mosquito' over new Master's degree
- Anlo chief set to mediate Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute
- Minority calls out gov’t over employment data
- A Pratt-Baako ticket for 2020… To break NPP-NDC stranglehold
- Gov’t says 611,397 new jobs created between 2017 and 2018
- Builsa chiefs install Akufo-Addo 'Chief for the Poor and Vulnerable'
- Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre used ¢2m without approval - Report
- Akufo-Addo cuts sod for construction of Tamale Airport Phase II
- House of Chiefs defers Bunkpurugu conflict verdict
- PDS saga: Information Minister rubbishes Minority's petition to U.S.
- 'Free SHS has come to stay' - Mahama
- Minority petitions US ambassador over PDS debacle