Newly-elected National Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Samuel Ofosu Ampofo, has revealed plans by his party to set up a “Ballots Protection Unit” for the protection of the party’s ballots during 2020 elections.
Speaking Tuesday on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Mr Ampofo said the NDC was doing so to prevent cheating by others.
“We will protect our boxes, our agents and ensure we will be at all the 29,000 polling stations nationwide to protect the ballot boxes with the ballot box processing unit to ensure nobody cheats at the polling station,” he said.
According to Mr Ofosu, there were issues of over-voting in 2016 which led to the brutalisation of the NDC’s polling agents who refused to sign collation sheets.
Listen to the audio above for more.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Rearing for food and jobs will develop livestock industry – Akufo-Addo
- Commonwealth honours High Commissioner for Dev't achievements across Africa
- Govt can’t sack CEOs – Supreme Court declares
- Minority Leader urges EC to publish registered voters daily
- Despite Group affiliate apologises to Ibrahim Mahama
- EPA works to promote inter-institutional coordination
- Volta NDC women, MTN celebrate Rawling's 72nd birthday
- Female representation in Parliament still low – Majority Leader laments
- Video: Africa's problem is leadership - John Maxwell speaks on Joy FM
- Suit challenging legality of Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election dismissed
- District Assembly rejects 2018 League Table after scoring zero
- President peddled false energy debt figures in Canada - Minority
- Female MPs must go unchallenged in NDC primaries - Minority Leader
- Amidu takes responsibility for defects in Ayariga's charge sheet
- Ofosu-Ampofo is being investigated for kidnapping of Indian - NDC