Ras Mubarak has suggested to the National Democratic Congress (NDC) and other political parties not to put up a candidate for the Ayawaso West Wuogon seat.
The NDC Member of Parliament for Kumbungu constituency in the Northern Region, wrote on his Facebook wall “we should have an agreement amongst ourselves that if a sitting MP dies, the party from which he was an MP should select a candidate to serve his remaining term.”
His comment comes after the death of the Member of Parliament of the area, Emmanuel Kyeremanteng Agyarko, who was announced dead on Wednesday, November 21, leaving his parliamentary seat vacant.
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) legislator had gone to the United States to seek medical care after an undisclosed medical condition was determined by doctors at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra.
Mr. Agarko, who was married with seven children, had been the MP for the Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituency since 2012 after he replaced the current Chief of Staff, Frema Osei Opare as MP for the area.
The late MP was a pharmacist and a politician born on December 10, 1957 at Odumase Krobo in the Eastern Region of Ghana.
Mr. Mubarak believes selecting a member from the NPP will save the country and the various political parties resources.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Rearing for food and jobs will develop livestock industry – Akufo-Addo
- EMYs honours British High Commissioner for Dev't achievements across Africa
- Govt can’t sack CEOs – Supreme Court declares
- Minority Leader urges EC to publish registered voters daily
- Despite Group affiliate apologises to Ibrahim Mahama
- EPA works to promote inter-institutional coordination
- Volta NDC women, MTN celebrate Rawling's 72nd birthday
- Female representation in Parliament still low – Majority Leader laments
- Video: Africa's problem is leadership - John Maxwell speaks on Joy FM
- Suit challenging legality of Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election dismissed
- District Assembly rejects 2018 League Table after scoring zero
- President peddled false energy debt figures in Canada - Minority
- Female MPs must go unchallenged in NDC primaries - Minority Leader
- Amidu takes responsibility for defects in Ayariga's charge sheet
- Ofosu-Ampofo is being investigated for kidnapping of Indian - NDC