Former president John Mahama has said Ghanaians need to be thankful for the situation they find themselves because God is preparing them for something better.
Speaking at the Ringway Assemblies of God Church on Sunday, he said even in the midst of hardship “if you seek the favour of god you will reap 100 folds.”
He said with the country’s current economy which is receiving harsh criticisms from a lot of people, the country has to seek the favour of God.
According to him, “God can select you for favour that is if you seek his favour and if you do the things that please him.”
He cited many examples from the Bible about people who were blessed, even in the face of famine and drought.
On Monday, the president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo admitted that the economy is going through some trying times.
Speaking to the Ghanaian Community in New York, USA, he attributed the difficulties in the system to the “dramatic increase in crude oil prices” and the strengthening of the US dollar.
President Akufo-Addo admits that has led to “a significant and rapid depreciation of the cedi” but was quick to add that the Bank of Ghana is fighting the depreciation.
He, however, dismissed concerns that these difficulties amount to a crisis; assuring that government is on top of the situation.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Keta residents kick against Akufo-Addo's nominee
- Sale of state assets bane of cedi - Greenstreet
- Parliament needs punitive measure to check MPs absenteeism - Odekro
- NDC wants Peace Council to choose venue for party militia dialogue
- Photos: NDC elders join family to mourn Kwabena Adjei
- Video: Only 15 MPs show up in parliament
- Cedi depreciation to increase cost of doing business - Minority
- Chief Justice warns saboteurs of E-Justice project
- NPP militia invitation letter: NDC MP says it's good faith, NDC executive says bad faith
- Ato Forson’s 5 questions for Bawumia
- Highlights: Minority on the state of Ghana's economy
- Cedi depreciation: Government must admit failure - Minority
- Adom Otchere was irrelevant to Short Commission – Executive Secretary explains
- New regions will have highest calibre of staff – Local gov’t head
- NDC in fresh haggle with NPP over time, venue for militia meeting