Former president John Mahama has said Ghanaians need to be thankful for the situation they find themselves because God is preparing them for something better.
Speaking at the Ringway Assemblies of God Church on Sunday, he said even in the midst of hardship “if you seek the favour of god you will reap 100 folds.”
He said with the country’s current economy which is receiving harsh criticisms from a lot of people, the country has to seek the favour of God.
According to him, “God can select you for favour that is if you seek his favour and if you do the things that please him.”
He cited many examples from the Bible about people who were blessed, even in the face of famine and drought.
On Monday, the president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo admitted that the economy is going through some trying times.
Speaking to the Ghanaian Community in New York, USA, he attributed the difficulties in the system to the “dramatic increase in crude oil prices” and the strengthening of the US dollar.
President Akufo-Addo admits that has led to “a significant and rapid depreciation of the cedi” but was quick to add that the Bank of Ghana is fighting the depreciation.
He, however, dismissed concerns that these difficulties amount to a crisis; assuring that government is on top of the situation.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Volta Region well represented in NDC – Sammy Gyamfi
- Akufo-Addo’s first-half is over; time for your SCORECARD
- 2020: NDC needs consensus, not unity – Political Scientist
- "My son Anyidoho's decision to contest me not betrayal" - Asiedu Nketia
- "Days of NDC disunity over" – Asiedu Nketia
- NDC decides: Here are the winners and losers
- NDC contestant's name missing on ballot paper
- NDC decides: Ofosu Ampofo whips Abodakpi to lead NDC
- No Voltarian in the game, NDC must think about it - Anita De-Soso loses
- Video: Koku's attempt to oust Asiedu Nketia wrong - Ade Coker
- NPP can't teach NDC how to elect leaders - Agyenim Boateng jabs
- Never try to oust your boss – Ade Coker advises after Koku’s defeat
- Photos: Day 2 of NDC National Delegates Congress
- NDC decides: 'Asiedu Nketia shows Koku his level' with 5,000 gap
- 2019 budget will create more jobs for the youth