Former president John Mahama has said Ghanaians need to be thankful for the situation they find themselves because God is preparing them for something better.
Speaking at the Ringway Assemblies of God Church on Sunday, he said even in the midst of hardship “if you seek the favour of god you will reap 100 folds.”
He said with the country’s current economy which is receiving harsh criticisms from a lot of people, the country has to seek the favour of God.
According to him, “God can select you for favour that is if you seek his favour and if you do the things that please him.”
He cited many examples from the Bible about people who were blessed, even in the face of famine and drought.
On Monday, the president, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo admitted that the economy is going through some trying times.
Speaking to the Ghanaian Community in New York, USA, he attributed the difficulties in the system to the “dramatic increase in crude oil prices” and the strengthening of the US dollar.
President Akufo-Addo admits that has led to “a significant and rapid depreciation of the cedi” but was quick to add that the Bank of Ghana is fighting the depreciation.
He, however, dismissed concerns that these difficulties amount to a crisis; assuring that government is on top of the situation.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- NDC diverted 100 vehicles meant for Education Ministry for party activities
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga
- Out of court settlement agreed in injunction on NDC presidential primaries
- Alabi celebrates Victor Gbeho, Dzirasah on his campaign trail
- Chiefs begin process to formulate dev't agenda for Bono East Region
- Cocoa prices: COCOBOD debunks Mahama’s “false statements”
- EC affirms NPP aspirant to vie Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election
- PMMC boss, Opare Hammond has died