The Electoral Commission (EC) has released a timetable for the upcoming assembly elections.
Per the timetable available, the elections are scheduled to take place nationwide on November 26, 2019.
Activities for the elections are to commence on May 24 to June 2019, a period within which there will be the registration of new voters.
From September 22 to 26, there would be the transfer of votes, according to the timetable.
Nomination for Assemblyman elections is scheduled for August 25 to 30, while from October 7 to 8, the EC is expected to receive nomination form for Assembly Members.
According to the timetable, from October 9 to 10, the Commission is to receive Unit committee nomination forms and from November 21 to 25, it would hold an open forum dialogue with candidates at district levels.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- NDC, EC clash over conduct of upcoming limited registration
- ‘Freeing Aisha Huang indirectly ridicules our courts’ - Ambassador Gbeho
- Parliament recalled to pass Companies Bill
- SA xenophobic attackers must be prosecuted – Okudzeto urges int’l community
- Minority to trigger process for Osafo Maafo’s removal
- Collins Dauda reduced Parliament’s approved Saglemi contract – Atta-Akyea
- Gov't lacks strategic policy in dealing with China - Lecturer
- Deporting 'Galamsey Queen': Ablakwa spreads blame
- OccupyGhana 'highly disappointed' by Osafo-Maafo comments on Aisha Huang
- Politics is not religion… - Free Zones boss wants a paradigm shift
- Parliament postpones stakeholder engagement on Vigilante Bill
- 'I've never been against free SHS' – Mahama to Bawumia
- 'He is an Esau!'- NDC castigates Akufo-Addo for 'betraying' galamsey fight
- Politicians are like prostitutes claiming to be virgins – Man goes wild at business summit
- Mahama presents over 20 vehicles to NDC