The Electoral Commission (EC) has released a timetable for the upcoming assembly elections.
Per the timetable available, the elections are scheduled to take place nationwide on November 26, 2019.
Activities for the elections are to commence on May 24 to June 2019, a period within which there will be the registration of new voters.
From September 22 to 26, there would be the transfer of votes, according to the timetable.
Nomination for Assemblyman elections is scheduled for August 25 to 30, while from October 7 to 8, the EC is expected to receive nomination form for Assembly Members.
According to the timetable, from October 9 to 10, the Commission is to receive Unit committee nomination forms and from November 21 to 25, it would hold an open forum dialogue with candidates at district levels.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- ‘My heart is clean’ – Embattled Ofosu Ampofo looks to God for redemption
- ‘Secure lives of citizens’ – Mahama laments 'insecurity' under Akufo-Addo
- NPP didn’t promise not to borrow - Baako challenges NDC claims
- Ghana, Jamaica waive visa for citizens
- NAPO demands apology from Sammy Gyamfi, Zu over kidnapper linkage
- Canadian girls' rescue: No ransom negotiations occurred - Baako backs gov't
- Is gov't trying to gag security capos? - Security analyst quizzes
- Akufo-Addo's policies to fight corruption unmatched in 4th Republic – Bawumia
- Oda NPP gets Nissan Pickup to boost activities
- Deputy Speaker cautions MPs against lying about attendance
- Parliament 'tightens' security following attempted suicide
- Canadian girls kidnap: Education Ministry PRO in trouble over Facebook post
- 15 MPs found to abandon work after ‘clocking in’
- Ghana could have female leader soon - Akufo-Addo
- EC sets new date for limited voters’ registration exercise