My Dearest Otumfuo
On the grand occasion of the 20th anniversary of your enstoolment on the Golden Stool, as the 16th Asantehene, let me together with our children, congratulate you on your silver achievements and for being the wonderful, loving and dependable husband, father and grandfather to us all.
When I reflect on the early days of our courtship and subsequent marriage some 18 years ago, the sweet memories and sometimes the inevitable sorrows, the highs and lows and the many surreal moments keep flashing back through my mind and I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure I’m not dreaming and that this incredible journey we have been on is real. I thank you for being the best husband any woman could ask for.
Recounting some of my experiences and cherished moments over the years will be an impossible task, you opened up a world for me that I never thought possible. I shall never forget the rejoicing, merry-making and drumming organized by Nana Hemaa to welcome the birth of my children Nana Hemaa Jnr. and Nana Kwame Kyeretwie. These were, among so many other occasions when I was overwhelmed and really appreciated my role as “Oheneyere”.
In the many years I have known you, what I admire most about you is your caring heart, your kindness and humility. Thank you for always finding time despite your enormous duties to attend to our core family affairs. Your personal attention to the complete development of our children, especially their schooling and leisure time is heartwarming. You even find time to play golf with the youngest ones Nana Hemaa and Nana Kwame. To know they will always understand the love of a father like you will have eternal rewards.
Finally, let me commend you for 20 awe-inspiring years as the 16th Occupant of the Golden Stool. You have served with dignity, warmth and generosity and your dedication to duty has inspired the deepest respect at home and abroad. You are also admired for your promotion of charity, for which many have taken a cue. You are an inspirational person and a role model for good service and I am proud to call you my husband.
Happy 20th Anniversary my love! May God continue to bless our marriage and family, and may God continue to bless and guide you.
Ohene mo ni y3!
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector