The Speaker of Parliament has recalled the House from recess to consider some urgent businesses.
A statement from the Director of Public Affairs in Parliament, Kate Addo said the recall is to “consider some very important Parliamentary business including the completion of work on and passing of the Companies Bill among others.”
“Professor Aaron Michael Oquaye has directed that Parliament reconvenes for sitting from Monday, April 29 to Friday, May 3…,” the statement said.
“All Members of Parliament are entreated to attend upon the House to expedite action on these,” the Speaker directed.
Find the full statement below:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Ghanaian voters' biometric data completely controlled by foreigners – EC laments
- I couldn’t rig elections even if my father was running – EC Chair
- Akufo-Addo extols Parliament for its 'courage' in passing RTI
- Update: Akufo-Addo assents to RTI law
- CODEO wants chiefs to galvanise support for district level elections
- ‘Ghanaians feel insecure’ – Mahama wants gov't action
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires