Spokesperson for the Electoral Commission, Eric Kofi Dzakpasu has been moved to the Volta Region.
The former head of the EC’s Public Affairs Department is now the Deputy Volta Regional Director.
Mr Kofi Dzakpasu is one of the over 30 officers to be affected by the mass transfer.
His deputy, Yusif Ayuba, sources tell Myjoyonline, is also on his way to a yet-to-be-determined district elections office.
Former Deputy Communication Director of the EC, Yusif Ayuba
A deputy EC Chairperson in charge of Corporate Services, Dr Eric Bossman Asare, however, says the mass transfer is for nothing but purely administrative purposes.
According to him, Mr Kofi Dzakpasu has rather been promoted from the position of a Principal Electoral Officer to a Deputy Director at the Commission.
Dr. Eric Bossman Asare
“…he used to be a Principal Electoral Officer and as I speak now he’s a Deputy Director and he’s the Deputy Regional Director in charge of the Volta Region,” Dr Bossman told Emefa Apawu Monday, on Top Story on Joy FM.
He explained the movements are the results of the creation of six additional regions which demand posting of officers to man operations of the new regions.
Mr Kofi Dzakpasu will replace the Deputy Volta Regional Director who has been moved to head the newly created Oti Region, Dr Bossman stated.
The EC is preparing for three major elections this year- District Assembly elections, Unit Committee elections and a referendum- ahead of the Presidential and Parliamentary elections next year.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman
- Another police officer resigns to contest for parliamentary seat
- Parliament approves €276m facility for Tamale water project