Spokesperson for the Electoral Commission, Eric Kofi Dzakpasu has been moved to the Volta Region.
The former head of the EC’s Public Affairs Department is now the Deputy Volta Regional Director.
Mr Kofi Dzakpasu is one of the over 30 officers to be affected by the mass transfer.
His deputy, Yusif Ayuba, sources tell Myjoyonline, is also on his way to a yet-to-be-determined district elections office.
Former Deputy Communication Director of the EC, Yusif Ayuba
A deputy EC Chairperson in charge of Corporate Services, Dr Eric Bossman Asare, however, says the mass transfer is for nothing but purely administrative purposes.
According to him, Mr Kofi Dzakpasu has rather been promoted from the position of a Principal Electoral Officer to a Deputy Director at the Commission.
Dr. Eric Bossman Asare
“…he used to be a Principal Electoral Officer and as I speak now he’s a Deputy Director and he’s the Deputy Regional Director in charge of the Volta Region,” Dr Bossman told Emefa Apawu Monday, on Top Story on Joy FM.
He explained the movements are the results of the creation of six additional regions which demand posting of officers to man operations of the new regions.
Mr Kofi Dzakpasu will replace the Deputy Volta Regional Director who has been moved to head the newly created Oti Region, Dr Bossman stated.
The EC is preparing for three major elections this year- District Assembly elections, Unit Committee elections and a referendum- ahead of the Presidential and Parliamentary elections next year.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Akufo-Addo signs RTI into law today
- CODEO wants chiefs to galvanise support for district level elections
- ‘Ghanaians feel insecure’ – Mahama wants gov't action
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'