The governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) has appealed to Ghanaians not to make the “biggest mistake” again of entrusting the country’s resources, its future into the hands of John Mahama and his National Democratic Congress (NDC).
Speaking at a press conference in Accra Sunday, April 7, 2019, the General Secretary of the party, John Boadu said Mahama has nothing new to offer Ghanaians other than the incompetence and corruption Ghanaians witnessed under his tenure.
“Say No to a redenominated candidate (Mahama) for he never changes. Mahama - the Value is the Same. More importantly, the NDC alternative under Mahama is still scary,” he stated.
According to Mr. Boadu, the record of Ghana’s Fourth Republic in the areas of growth and economy is obvious that the NPP builds and develops while the NDC has a penchant to destroy and erode the gains made.
The NDC he said, “took us [Ghana] to HIPC but did not have the courage to admit it even though it was under an IMF programme in 2000. It took President Kufuor to have the bulk of Ghana’s debt written off and get Ghana out of the IMF programme. Not only that, NPP, through the focused operations of GNPC, made Ghana an oil-rich nation but left office before a single barrel of Jubilee oil could be produced.
“Also, the NPP under President Kufuor left office with Ghana’s first credit rating taking us to B+. Before that, we were not even rated. Credit rating is necessary for both government and business to transact business and borrow internationally.”
He continued, “...after eight years of NDC economic management, our rating went down from B+ to B-. Yes, B minus under John Mahama! After only 20 months of NPP under Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, we have already been upgraded from B- to B. Our upgraded credit ratings earned us an oversubscribed Eurobond issue in multiples of seven at the lowest coupon rate and longer maturity Ghana has ever had,” he stated.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- ‘Freeing Aisha Huang indirectly ridicules our courts’ - Ambassador Gbeho
- Parliament recalled to pass Companies Bill
- SA xenophobic attackers must be prosecuted – Okudzeto urges int’l community
- Minority to trigger process for Osafo Maafo’s removal
- Collins Dauda reduced Parliament’s approved Saglemi contract – Atta-Akyea
- Gov't lacks strategic policy in dealing with China - Lecturer
- Deporting 'Galamsey Queen': Ablakwa spreads blame
- OccupyGhana 'highly disappointed' by Osafo-Maafo comments on Aisha Huang
- Politics is not religion… - Free Zones boss wants a paradigm shift
- Parliament postpones stakeholder engagement on Vigilante Bill
- 'I've never been against free SHS' – Mahama to Bawumia
- 'He is an Esau!'- NDC castigates Akufo-Addo for 'betraying' galamsey fight
- Politicians are like prostitutes claiming to be virgins – Man goes wild at business summit
- Mahama presents over 20 vehicles to NDC
- Hot Audio: Even without free SHS you couldn't deliver – Bawumia to Mahama