President Nana Akufo-Addo is scheduled to publicly present the Constitutional Instrument on the creation of the six new regions this week.
In a statement signed by Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the President will host the delegations on the 12th 13th and 15th of February.
“Delegations comprising Chiefs and people of the new regions have been invited to the Jubilee House in Accra for the official ceremonies,” the statement said.
“While congratulating the Chiefs and People, Government expects that the creation of the new regions will be a further boost to their development,” it added.
This follows the December 27, 2018 referendum in the six affected areas that massively approved the creation of the regions.
The chiefs and people of the affected areas had petitioned the President asking for the regions to be created.
After the Supreme Court ruling gave the green-light for the referendum to be conducted in the affected areas only, the Electoral Commission went ahead with their polls.
The new regions are Western North, Ahafo, Bono East, Oti, North East, and Savannah.
Meanwhile, Myjoyonline has learnt that unlike previously where all regional offices and secretariats are centered in the capitals, the government intends to spread such facilities and offices across the new regions.
This according to a source, will open up and promote development in these new regions.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Parliamentary immunity: Majority Leader urges caution
- Judge throws out Speaker of Parliament immunity letter again
- Read full court ruling: The Republic vrs Mahama Ayariga
- Tamale NPP boys lock up National Sports Authority office
- Martin Amidu's charges against Ayariga suffer in court
- Court gives Amidu green light to prosecute Ayariga
- Youth of Awutu Senya West reject call for George Andah to resign
- ‘My heart is clean’ – Embattled Ofosu Ampofo looks to God for redemption
- ‘Secure lives of citizens’ – Mahama laments 'insecurity' under Akufo-Addo
- NPP didn’t promise not to borrow - Baako challenges NDC claims
- Ghana, Jamaica waive visa for citizens
- NAPO demands apology from Sammy Gyamfi, Zu over kidnapper linkage
- Canadian girls' rescue: No ransom negotiations occurred - Baako backs gov't
- Is gov't trying to gag security capos? - Security analyst quizzes
- Akufo-Addo's policies to fight corruption unmatched in 4th Republic – Bawumia