President Nana Akufo-Addo is scheduled to publicly present the Constitutional Instrument on the creation of the six new regions this week.
In a statement signed by Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the President will host the delegations on the 12th 13th and 15th of February.
“Delegations comprising Chiefs and people of the new regions have been invited to the Jubilee House in Accra for the official ceremonies,” the statement said.
“While congratulating the Chiefs and People, Government expects that the creation of the new regions will be a further boost to their development,” it added.
This follows the December 27, 2018 referendum in the six affected areas that massively approved the creation of the regions.
The chiefs and people of the affected areas had petitioned the President asking for the regions to be created.
After the Supreme Court ruling gave the green-light for the referendum to be conducted in the affected areas only, the Electoral Commission went ahead with their polls.
The new regions are Western North, Ahafo, Bono East, Oti, North East, and Savannah.
Meanwhile, Myjoyonline has learnt that unlike previously where all regional offices and secretariats are centered in the capitals, the government intends to spread such facilities and offices across the new regions.
This according to a source, will open up and promote development in these new regions.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Mahama's election bid hit with suit
- Suhuyini accuses Speaker of unfair treatment
- #GhanaConnect: Citizens ‘scared’ by witnesses’ accounts at Short C’ssion
- Mahama acted appropriately, deal with NPP thugs - Osafo Maafo told
- Dambai is capital of new Oti region
- Brong Ahafo to be known as Bono Region
- Sefwi Wiaso is capital of Western North region
- Joint CDD-Ghana, CODEO delegation in Nigeria
- Short Commission: Police denies knowledge of SWAT vehicle, masked men
- Rawlings calls for global political accountability
- Short Commission probe: No armed men in any of our polling stations - Jean Mensa
- Lack of political will cause of growing vigilantism - Aning
- Chief berates Nkoranza youth for defecting from NPP over siting of Bono East capital
- Osafo-Maafo blasts Mahama for ‘painting Ghana black’ to diplomats
- Emile Short C'ssion: NDC won't discourage affected members from testifying