President Nana Akufo-Addo is scheduled to publicly present the Constitutional Instrument on the creation of the six new regions this week.
In a statement signed by Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the President will host the delegations on the 12th 13th and 15th of February.
“Delegations comprising Chiefs and people of the new regions have been invited to the Jubilee House in Accra for the official ceremonies,” the statement said.
“While congratulating the Chiefs and People, Government expects that the creation of the new regions will be a further boost to their development,” it added.
This follows the December 27, 2018 referendum in the six affected areas that massively approved the creation of the regions.
The chiefs and people of the affected areas had petitioned the President asking for the regions to be created.
After the Supreme Court ruling gave the green-light for the referendum to be conducted in the affected areas only, the Electoral Commission went ahead with their polls.
The new regions are Western North, Ahafo, Bono East, Oti, North East, and Savannah.
Meanwhile, Myjoyonline has learnt that unlike previously where all regional offices and secretariats are centered in the capitals, the government intends to spread such facilities and offices across the new regions.
This according to a source, will open up and promote development in these new regions.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I'll bring Rawlings back to campaign - Alabi assures Volta NDC
- 'We can't find NDC MPs who held 'bloody widow' placards' - Parliament
- Asking NPP, NDC to meet over vigilantism too simplistic – Mahama
- 2020 election message not Bobolibobo - Joshua Alabi
- Asking NPP, NDC to deal with vigilantism is narrow approach - Prof. Gatsi
- Rawlings hopeful NDC, NPP will heed Akufo-Addo’s call to disarm militias
- NPP, NDC meeting cannot stop party militia canker – Asiedu Nketia
- Meet next week over party militia - Akufo-Addo rallies NPP, NDC leaders
- Full Text: President Akufo-Addo's SONA 2019
- SONA 2019: New ¢1b Housing Fund to target low-income earners – Akufo-Addo
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo pays tribute to fallen heroes in 2018
- State of the Nation address: What to expect
- What the law says: On formation and joining political militia groups
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo to ‘justify mandate, confidence reposed in him’
- Emile Short Commission ‘doing some good work’ – NDC alters stance