A flagbearer aspirant of National Democratic Congress (NDC), Goosie Tanoh, has asked party delegates to consider a candidate with a proven track record when electing the party’s presidential candidate on February 23.
He urged delegates to vote for a candidate that will unite party members and seek the welfare of Ghanaians.
He made the comments at the La-Dadekotopong constituency as part of his Greater Accra Regional tour ahead of NDC’s presidential primaries.
He appealed to delegates not sell their votes for a pittance.
“Do not vote for someone because you’ve been given GHS200 or GHS50 because you may vote for the person based on the money you were given and not on a track record.
"You may stock your room with the money you’ve been given or stock your room with bags of rice given to you by some individuals to vote for a particular candidate but the items will not last forever. You will then call the person on phone and he will pretend as if he does not know you and drop the line on you. So vote wisely, vote Goodie Tanoh to bring you jobs, food security universal affordable healthcare, social housing and policies that would improve your living condition," he urged.
Mr Tanoh’s position on the ballot for the February 23 poll is number 6.
So far, the “Team Goosie Campaign Tour” in Accra met with Krowor, Ledzokuku, Korley-Klottey, La-Dadekotopon and Odododiodio delegates.
He has also met with delegates from Ablekuma Central, Ablekuma North, Ablekuma West, Ablekuma South, Bortiano-Ngleshie Amanfro and Weija-Gbawe.
He is set to meet delegates at Okaikwei Central, Okaikwei North, Okaikwei South, Trobu, Amasaman, Anyaa-Sowutuom and Obom-Domeabra.
On Monday, he will be at Dome-Kwabenya, Ayawaso West Wuogon, Madina, Adenta, Ayawaso East, Ayawaso Central and Ayawaso North.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chair leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman
- Another police officer resigns to contest for parliamentary seat
- Parliament approves €276m facility for Tamale water project
- Change constitution, cap constituencies - CDD Fellow