Some 364 out of 367 delegates of Effiduase-Asokore are said to have indicated their preference for incumbent Parliamentarian, Dr. Nana Ayew Afriyie, to run opposed for the NPP during the 2020 polls.
The delegates after assessing the performance of the Effiduase-Asokore MP after his two years in office say, they will prefer he is not contested when the NPP opens nominations for the primaries in the constituency.
They also voted “YES” to let Dr. Nana Ayew Afriye represent the constituency in parliament for another four years.
They explained that, the constituency through the initiative of Dr. Afriyie, is “fast developing” and commended him using his share of the MP’s Common Fund to promote reforms in the areas of education and health.
According to them, the constituency needs the rich experience of the incumbent to safeguard the NPP’s votes during election 2020.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I'll bring Rawlings back to campaign - Alabi assures Volta NDC
- 'We can't find NDC MPs who held 'bloody widow' placards' - Parliament
- Asking NPP, NDC to meet over vigilantism too simplistic – Mahama
- 2020 election message not Bobolibobo - Joshua Alabi
- Asking NPP, NDC to deal with vigilantism is narrow approach - Prof. Gatsi
- Rawlings hopeful NDC, NPP will heed Akufo-Addo’s call to disarm militias
- NPP, NDC meeting cannot stop party militia canker – Asiedu Nketia
- Meet next week over party militia - Akufo-Addo rallies NPP, NDC leaders
- Full Text: President Akufo-Addo's SONA 2019
- SONA 2019: New ¢1b Housing Fund to target low-income earners – Akufo-Addo
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo pays tribute to fallen heroes in 2018
- State of the Nation address: What to expect
- What the law says: On formation and joining political militia groups
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo to ‘justify mandate, confidence reposed in him’
- Emile Short Commission ‘doing some good work’ – NDC alters stance