Some 364 out of 367 delegates of Effiduase-Asokore are said to have indicated their preference for incumbent Parliamentarian, Dr. Nana Ayew Afriyie, to run opposed for the NPP during the 2020 polls.
The delegates after assessing the performance of the Effiduase-Asokore MP after his two years in office say, they will prefer he is not contested when the NPP opens nominations for the primaries in the constituency.
They also voted “YES” to let Dr. Nana Ayew Afriye represent the constituency in parliament for another four years.
They explained that, the constituency through the initiative of Dr. Afriyie, is “fast developing” and commended him using his share of the MP’s Common Fund to promote reforms in the areas of education and health.
According to them, the constituency needs the rich experience of the incumbent to safeguard the NPP’s votes during election 2020.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- NDC, EC clash over conduct of upcoming limited registration
- ‘Freeing Aisha Huang indirectly ridicules our courts’ - Ambassador Gbeho
- Parliament recalled to pass Companies Bill
- SA xenophobic attackers must be prosecuted – Okudzeto urges int’l community
- Minority to trigger process for Osafo Maafo’s removal
- Collins Dauda reduced Parliament’s approved Saglemi contract – Atta-Akyea
- Gov't lacks strategic policy in dealing with China - Lecturer
- Deporting 'Galamsey Queen': Ablakwa spreads blame
- OccupyGhana 'highly disappointed' by Osafo-Maafo comments on Aisha Huang
- Politics is not religion… - Free Zones boss wants a paradigm shift
- Parliament postpones stakeholder engagement on Vigilante Bill
- 'I've never been against free SHS' – Mahama to Bawumia
- 'He is an Esau!'- NDC castigates Akufo-Addo for 'betraying' galamsey fight
- Politicians are like prostitutes claiming to be virgins – Man goes wild at business summit
- Mahama presents over 20 vehicles to NDC