The Commission of Inquiry looking into the shooting incident that rocked the Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election will on Friday visit the site where the violence occurred.
A release issued on Wednesday by Commission said it will conduct a locus visit to inspect and fully examine the scene of the violence and the environment surrounding the conduct of the by-election on the 31st day of January 2019.
“This is a fact-finding exercise designed to appraise and furnish the Commission with corroborative evidence or otherwise relative to the testimonies given before it,” the statement said.
The statement said proceedings will be held on Friday, March 1, 2019, at 10.00am at the Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency, La Bawaleshie Presby Basic 1 Cluster of Schools at East Legon in Accra.
The Commission was established a three-member commission to inquire into the violence that marred last Thursday’s by-election in the Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituency in Accra.
Former Commissioner for the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ), Francis Emile Short, chairs the Commission which also includes law professor, Henrietta Mensa-Bonsu and former Inspector-General of Police, Patrick Kwarteng Acheampong.
Private legal practitioner and former Dean of the GIMPA Law School, Dr Ernest Kofi Abotsi, has also been appointed as Secretary to the Commission,
Wednesday 27th February 2019
Pursuant to its mandate and instrument of establishment contained under CI 111, the Ayawaso West Wuogon Commission of Inquiry will be conducting a locus visit to inspect and fully examine the scene of the impugned events and environment surrounding the conduct of the by-election on the 31st day of January 2019. This is a fact-finding exercise designed to appraise and furnish the Commission with corroborative evidence or otherwise relative to the testimonies given before it.
The press are duly welcome to cover the process.
The proceedings will be held on Friday 1st March 2019, at 10.00am at the Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency, La Bawaleshie Presby Basic 1 Cluster of Schools (East Legon)
Please note, press accreditation will commence from 0930hrs so do endeavour to be promptly represented.
Public Relations Officer
Ayawaso West Wuogon Commission of Inquiry
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- OccupyGhana lauds RTI presidential assent
- Special Prosecutor ‘completely wrong’ – Ayariga responds to charges
- Special Prosecutor begins prosecution of Ayariga
- CI to track source of political party funding in the offing - EC reveals
- Ghanaian voters' biometric data completely controlled by foreigners – EC laments
- I couldn’t rig elections even if my father was running – EC Chair
- Akufo-Addo extols Parliament for its 'courage' in passing RTI
- Update: Akufo-Addo assents to RTI law
- CODEO wants chiefs to galvanise support for district level elections
- ‘Ghanaians feel insecure’ – Mahama wants gov't action
- Gov't won't be swayed by EIU's election 2020 victory report - Oppong Nkrumah
- Yapei chief commends Akufo-Addo for tackling water problem
- Gov’t records four-fold increase in revenue in piloted cashless system
- Appointment of Ambassador-at-large ‘killing’ PNC - Mornah
- Savannah Region will soon catch up with others - Akufo-Addo assures