Minority NDC MPs boycotted the swearing in of Lydia Alhassan as MP for Ayawaso West Wuogon on Tuesday.
The MPs while walking out held placards saying ‘bloody widow’ as a reference to the violence that characterised last Thursday’s by-election.
The fracas which left 16 people injured at La Bawaleshie with some masked men assaulting Ningo Prampram MP, Sam George, has left the NDC MPs furious saying they will not recognise the newly sworn legislator.
Watch the video below
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- I'll bring Rawlings back to campaign - Alabi assures Volta NDC
- 'We can't find NDC MPs who held 'bloody widow' placards' - Parliament
- Asking NPP, NDC to meet over vigilantism too simplistic – Mahama
- 2020 election message not Bobolibobo - Joshua Alabi
- Asking NPP, NDC to deal with vigilantism is narrow approach - Prof. Gatsi
- Rawlings hopeful NDC, NPP will heed Akufo-Addo’s call to disarm militias
- NPP, NDC meeting cannot stop party militia canker – Asiedu Nketia
- Meet next week over party militia - Akufo-Addo rallies NPP, NDC leaders
- Full Text: President Akufo-Addo's SONA 2019
- SONA 2019: New ¢1b Housing Fund to target low-income earners – Akufo-Addo
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo pays tribute to fallen heroes in 2018
- State of the Nation address: What to expect
- What the law says: On formation and joining political militia groups
- SONA 2019: Akufo-Addo to ‘justify mandate, confidence reposed in him’
- Emile Short Commission ‘doing some good work’ – NDC alters stance