National Democratic Congress flagbearer hopeful, Sylvester Mensah, has appealed to some delegates of the party to vote for him because he is the right person to put Ghana back on track.
He said when he is voted as the flagbearer, Ghanaians will be motivated to vote for the NDC in the 2020 general elections in order to help put Ghana back on the right track for all citizens to prosper.
Speaking to branch and constituency executives of the Odododiodio constituency in the Mission to Nations Chapel on Saturday, Mr. Mensah said Ghanaians will give power back to the NDC in 2020 because the current NPP government has messed up the economy.
This he said has negatively affected all sectors, bringing hardship to the citizenry.
"Ghanaians have come to terms with the fact that this government has failed. All the flagship programmes this government promised Ghanaians have failed.
Ghanaians are suffering. Ghanaians are feeling the hardship well packaged and being delivered by the NPP government. We need to wrest power from the NPP and put our country back on track", he stated.
Mr. Mensah stated, "I have come here to assure you that we are winning the 2020 elections."
The delegates expressed satisfaction with Mr. Mensah's assurance that under his leadership, everyone will get a job to eke out a living.
They have promised to vote for him as the flagbearer of the party in 2020.
Before the meeting, scores of enthusiastic party supporters who support Mr Mensah's bid joined the team to pay a courtesy call on Nae Wulomo (head of traditional priests in the Ga state) and his elders.
Mr. Mensah took the opportunity to inform the Nae Wulumo and his elders about his bid and his mission to meet with the constituents of Odododiodio.
The Nae Wulomo commended him for paying homage to his authority and called on all to support him as a son of the land who is blessed with the qualities of leadership.
The Nae Wulomo said a special prayer for Mr. Mensah and pronounced blessings on him for a successful bid.
See more photos below:
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Journalist killing: Gov't charges police to speed up investigations
- NDC agrees to revise presidential primaries guidelines
- Video: NDC, NPP lock horns over Menzgold
- NDC diverted 100 vehicles meant for Education Ministry for party activities
- Gov’t should have objected to NAM1 sponsoring Ghana Premier League - NDC
- Gov't endorsement of NAM1 enhanced his credibility - NDC
- Mahama, wife don’t have investments with Menzgold - Joyce Bawah
- NDC postpones flagbearer election
- Help us end chieftaincy disputes – Ga Traditional Council pleads with Akufo-Addo
- NDC MPs supporting Mahama out of gratitude - Bagbin
- NAM 1 arrest: More questions than answers
- Ablakwa wants bi-partisan parliamentary inquiry into Menzgold saga
- Out of court settlement agreed in injunction on NDC presidential primaries
- Alabi celebrates Victor Gbeho, Dzirasah on his campaign trail
- Chiefs begin process to formulate dev't agenda for Bono East Region