Chairperson of the Electoral Commission (EC), Jean Mensa on Wednesday met former President John Mahama to discuss election-related issues.
The meeting was also attended by the Deputy Commissioner, Dr Eric Bossman Asare and member of the Commission, Adwoa Asuma Abrefi.
Leading figures of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), including Chairman Samuel Ofosu Ampofo and General Secretary, John Asiedu Nketia, also participated in the discussions which centred on a wide range of issues.
“We discussed a wide range of issues of concern to the NDC and the Commission itself. This included the just ended limited registration exercise, implementation of ROPAL, the need for a robust and reliable IT system for the EC.
“We also spoke about gazetting of polling station results of election 2016, which remains outstanding, among others,” Mr Mahama who is also the NDC’s 2020 flagbearer, posted on Facebook.
“On behalf of the NDC, I reminded the Commission that Ghana's electoral process is considered an example and one of the best on the continent of Africa, and this is because of the exchange of ideas and the timely resolution of challenges we face after each and every election.
“I also reiterated the need for the Chairperson and her team to see political parties as active partners in the electioneering process to ensure free, fair and transparent elections,” he wrote.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman
- Another police officer resigns to contest for parliamentary seat
- Parliament approves €276m facility for Tamale water project