Chief Executive Officer of Ghana National Petroleum Commission (GNPC), has been appointed to chair the Council of Patrons of New Patriotic Party in the Ashanti Region.
A letter signed by Regional Chairman, Bernard Antwi Boasiako, on July 19, indicated that Dr Kofi Kodua Sarpong’s immense contribution to the development and progress of the governing party has earned him the position.
The Regional Council among others, serve as advisors who provide guidance and support to the party in diverse ways.
The business executive and consultant also served as Executive Chairman of Ghanaian football club, Kumasi Asante Kotoko from 2010 to 2013.
After Asante Kotoko, Sarpong took up the position of Chief executive of The Global Haulage Group, a Ghanaian cocoa buying and exporting company. He was also the chairman of the boards of The Royal Bank, Ghana and Imperial General Assurance Ltd.
He has worked for the International Cocoa Organisation in London and Ghana Cocoa Board.
He was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of GNPC in February 2017 by President Akufo-Addo, when the party regained power.
More Politics Headlines
- Your initiatives have lessened our burden – Wa chief to President Akufo-Addo
- Liberal Party to legalise commercial production of marijuana in 2020
- I don't prophesy unprecedented projects - Mahama jabbed
- Jeremy Corbyn set for four-day Ghana visit
- Photos: Mahama basks in Homowo cheers
- Bawumia mocks 'General Mosquito' over new Master's degree
- Anlo chief set to mediate Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute
- Minority calls out gov’t over employment data
- A Pratt-Baako ticket for 2020… To break NPP-NDC stranglehold
- Gov’t says 611,397 new jobs created between 2017 and 2018
- Builsa chiefs install Akufo-Addo 'Chief for the Poor and Vulnerable'
- Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre used ¢2m without approval - Report
- Akufo-Addo cuts sod for construction of Tamale Airport Phase II
- House of Chiefs defers Bunkpurugu conflict verdict
- PDS saga: Information Minister rubbishes Minority's petition to U.S.