Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Italy has presented her letters of credence to President Sergio Mattarella in the Italian capital, Rome.
Receiving the Ghanaian envoy at the Quirinale Palace, the Italian President welcomed Eudora Quartey-Koranteng and congratulated her on the appointment.
He noted with admiration Ghana’s good name with a stable democracy with potential for economic growth and expressed hope that the Ghanaian Ambassador would work to increase collaboration and further strengthen Ghana-Italy relations for mutual benefit.
To this end, the Italian President gave the assurance that his country would support the Ambassador in the discharge of her duties.
For her part, Mrs Quartey-Koranteng conveyed greetings from President Nana Akufo-Addo and Ghanaians to President Mattarella. She commended the Italian government for its continued support to the Ghana government.
Mrs Quartey-Koranteng showed appreciation for the $25million dollar pledge to Ghana during the visit of the Italian Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini, in November 2018.
The facility would be useful for promoting the various programmes of government to improve the human resource capacity of local Small and Medium Enterprises. She further noted that government was looking forward to drawing down on the facility in fulfilment of the pledge.
The Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary further shared government’s commitment to make Ghana an active player in the 21st-century world arena under the ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ initiative which is aimed at building a self-sufficient Ghana that could partner investors.
She noted that the ‘Free Senior High School’, ‘Planting for food and jobs’ and ‘One-District One-Factory’ are some of the key projects currently being aggressively implemented throughout Ghana.
She reiterated Ghana’s offer of a viable environment for business and called for more Italian investors to consider Ghana, a business destination.
Ambassador Quartey-Koranteng also presented to the Italian president, letters of recall of her predecessor, PaulinaPatience Abayage who is currently Minister for the Upper East region.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Commonwealth honours High Commissioner for Dev't achievements across Africa
- Govt can’t sack CEOs – Supreme Court declares
- Minority Leader urges EC to publish registered voters daily
- Despite Group affiliate apologises to Ibrahim Mahama
- EPA works to promote inter-institutional coordination
- Volta NDC women, MTN celebrate Rawling's 72nd birthday
- Female representation in Parliament still low – Majority Leader laments
- Video: Africa's problem is leadership - John Maxwell speaks on Joy FM
- Suit challenging legality of Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election dismissed
- District Assembly rejects 2018 League Table after scoring zero
- President peddled false energy debt figures in Canada - Minority
- Female MPs must go unchallenged in NDC primaries - Minority Leader
- Amidu takes responsibility for defects in Ayariga's charge sheet
- Ofosu-Ampofo is being investigated for kidnapping of Indian - NDC
- No sacking over poor performance on District League Table – Minister assures