The Accra Region Police Command is investigating Education Ministry PRO, following a Facebook post relating to the rescued Canadian women who were abducted on June 4.
Vincent Ekow Assifuah is being investigated for posting on his Facebook timeline on Wednesday, June 12, that one of the suspects identified as only as Seidu, is a close associate of a businessman, Ibrahim Mahama.
Police invited him Thursday, following an official complaint lodged by Mr Mahama, who is also the brother of former president John Dramani Mahama.
Although the post is no longer on Mr Assifuah’s timeline, the businessman is believed to be hurt by the comment and wants him dealt with by law.
Bailen Chitty (left) and Lauren Patricia Catherine went missing since June 4, 2019, after four men bundled them into a red Toyota Corolla car at the entrance of their private hostel at Nhyiaeso in Kumasi.
Their captors held them under unhygienic conditions in a two-bedroom apartment located at a settlement at Kenyasi-Achiase in the Ashanti Region capital, Kumasi.
The semi-completed building is outgrown with weeds and appears to have been unoccupied long before the kidnapped ladies were taken there.
Close Circuit Television (CCTV) footage of the scene is said to have led to arrest of ten people in separate operations at Sawaba in Asokore Mampong Municipality and Kenyasi-Achiase, leading to the rescue of the women.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Vigilantism law will not achieve much – Asiedu Nketia
- Inside story: The 300-yr old British-Dutch struggle inherited by two Dixcove chiefs
- 'You did zero' - Akufo-Addo challenges Mahama over cocoa record
- New IGP appointment good for Akufo-Addo but not Ghana – MP
- ¢10k bounty for information on whereabouts of missing gov’t vehicle
- 4 file to contest Dome Kwabenya NDC primary
- Wereko Brobby meets Akufo-Addo over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- No pickup, no mercy - NDC tells Savannah Region Minister
- Vigilantism Bill passed into law
- NIA begins registration exercise in Volta region
- CID’s investigation of Charles Bissue political – Martin Amidu
- NDC primaries: 74 pick forms for 18 constituencies in Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo resumes regional tours with Western, Central visit
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss