The Oda Constituency branch of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) has received brand new Nissan pickup vehicle to boost its activities in the area.
It follows a donation by Businessman, Akwasi Aquah, who is also the CEO of The Community Hospitals (TCH) Group, as part of his support for the party.
He made the presentation over the weekend during the funeral of the late Alex Amankwah-Asare, who until his death, was the NPP Chairman for Cote D’Ivoire.
Mr Aquah explained, the presentation of the vehicle to the party was in fulfilment of a pledge the late chairman, who was a confidante, made to the party earlier in the year.
Senior Minister, Yaw Osafo Maafo, who is also a former MP for Oda Constituency, commended the businessman for fulfilling the pledge of his longtime friend whom he said he believed would have redeemed the pledge, had he not died suddenly.
Constituency Chairman, Awudu Issaka pledged to put the vehicle to good use especially as they prepare to roll out a series of activities to ensure the NPP improves upon its performance in the 2020 general elections.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Kwame Owusu's appointment to GRA endorses corruption - NDC
- 1.2m new voters added to electoral roll
- Justice Sai explains why A-G is to blame for Afoko's legal pickle
- Ayorkor Botchwey sues Larry Dogbe, The Herald for defamation
- Don’t impose Muntaka on us - Agitated Asawase youth
- Young Professional Network group launches in Canada
- Amidu has legitimate concerns – Anti-corruption campaigner
- NDC targets 170 seats in Parliament
- Use positions to serve, not to amass wealth — Theodora Wood
- Kofi Adams hopeful firming Buem as NDC stronghold
- Amidu laments interference in his work
- New High Court ruling on Afoko bail ‘shocking, bizarre’ – Kpebu
- Remove new GRA Board Chair until impropriety claims are cleared - CSOs
- Treat corruption as high-risk activity – Adwoa Safo
- 'President has killed corruption probe on ex-Maritime Authority boss'