An Accra High Court (Finance and Economic Division 2) has given its ruling in a case involving Bawku Central Member of Parliament.
Mahama Ayariga is facing criminal charges brought against him by the Special Prosecutor, Martin Amidu.
In her ruling on Monday, Justice Afia Serwaah Asare Botwe said, Martin Amidu is not allowed by the law establishing the Office of Special Prosecutor to prosecute charges of Fraudulent Evasion of Taxes and Fraudulent Evasion of Customs Duties, which the Bawku Central MP, has been charged with.
The full ruling is attached for easy referencing.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Akufo-Addo resumes regional tours with Western, Central visit
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman