An error on a 'Year of Return' sash presented to the Prime Minister of Jamaica has generated social media trolls with some describing it as an embarrassment to the country.
President Akufo Addo last week was in the Caribbean where he held bilateral talks with Andrew Holness.
At the end of the two days visit, the President seized the opportunity to invite Jamaicans to the Year of Return celebrations and presented a beautifully designed sash with the inscription, YEAR OF RETURN. But guess what? RETURN was spelt RETUNR! instead of RETURN.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Akufo-Addo resumes regional tours with Western, Central visit
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence
- NDC chairman leaves post to contest Keta seat
- Rise in political propaganda disturbing – Youth activist
- Tension as angry Ashanti Region NDC supporters storm party office
- Limited Voters Registration exercise fraught with massive challenges – NDC
- We did no wrong awarding contract to David Adjaye – Parliament
- Luxury vehicle tax inefficient, scrap it in budget review - Minority
- Rawlings on 3-day working visit to Burkina Faso
- Curb your voracious appetite for borrowing – Minority to gov’t
- Gov’t to probe Sir Adjaye's multiple contracts allegations
- Strengthen Ghana’s democratic credentials with ROPAA - Ambassador to EC
- C/R: NPP constituency executives demonstrate against Chairman