The Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has destooled two chiefs in less than one week in the Ashanti region.
Days after Asafohene and Head of the Akwamu Division, Akyamfuo Kwame Akowuah, was ousted for flouting the Great Oath of Asanteman, another has received the marching orders.
Chief of Ahenkro, near Offinso, Nana Ahenkro Sei Ababio III has been sanctioned for showing disrespect to the King by defying orders barring chiefs from taking all chieftaincy and land disputes to the courts.
He is also accused of arrogating to himself an "overlord" status though he is ‘nobody’.
Akyamfuo Kwame Akowua was destooled last week by the Asantehene
Asantehene who spoke through his linguist, Baffuor Osei Kwame Kantankrankyi, said Ahenkro Sei should blame his insubordination and disrespect for his predicament.
Having been enstooled in 1999, just about the time Otumfuo ascended the Golden Stool, Ahenkrohene’s reign ended at a traditional council meeting at Manhyia Palace on Monday, 24th June , 2019, when Otumfuo delivered judgement.
It would be recalled Asafohene was found guilty for illegal sale of land, among about 40 charges brought against him by his elders.
On ascending the Golden Stool as the 16th Asantehene, Otumfuo’s early initiatives included an order to withdraw all chieftaincy disputes pending in court for settlement through the traditional and customary structures.
It spontaneously earned him the accolade King Solomon, in reminiscence of the Biblical wise King Solomon.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Inside story: The 300-yr old British-Dutch struggle inherited by two Dixcove chiefs
- 'You did zero' - Akufo-Addo challenges Mahama over cocoa record
- New IGP appointment good for Akufo-Addo but not Ghana – MP
- ¢10k bounty for information on whereabouts of missing gov’t vehicle
- 4 file to contest Dome Kwabenya NDC primary
- Wereko Brobby meets Akufo-Addo over Radio Gold, XYZ closure
- No pickup, no mercy - NDC tells Savannah Region Minister
- Vigilantism Bill passed into law
- NIA begins registration exercise in Volta region
- CID’s investigation of Charles Bissue political – Martin Amidu
- NDC primaries: 74 pick forms for 18 constituencies in Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo resumes regional tours with Western, Central visit
- Disobedience to court order? Never! – Lawyer shocked state refused Afoko bail
- Castigate not Kwame Owusu – Maritime Authority workers defend ex-boss
- Freddie Blay hosts NPP loyal ladies at his residence