Hajia Hamdatu Ibrahim has been installed the acting Convention People’s Party (CPP) Chairperson after the resignation of Professor Edmund Delle, the former chairman.
This was contained in a release signed by the Acting General Secretary of the party, Mr James Kwabena Bomfeh Jnr.
The statement said her appointment was made by the Central Committee of the Convention People’s Party, upon unanimous acceptance of the resignation of Prof. Edmund Delle as the chairman and leader.
Hajia Ibrahim until her investiture as chairperson and leader of the CPP was the elected First Vice Chairperson of the party; and thus, automatically became the candidate to step into the vacancy created by the resignation of Prof Delle.
Stating the reason for Prof. Delle’s resignation, the statement indicated that he resigned from the chairmanship of the CPP following‘the ancestral call to lead his people as the Paramount Chief of the Nandom Traditional Area’.
As a result, the leadership of the party found it appropriate to appoint an acting chairperson in his stead, who would coordinate the activities of the party moving forward.
The party, therefore, congratulated Prof.Delle on his enskinment as Naa Prof. Edmund N. Delle Chiir VIII and wished him the best in his new leadership role, adding that, he would excel as the leader of his people and impact positively on Ghana as a whole.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Akufo-Addo’s Jamaican Visa waiver comments undermine Parliament – Ablakwa
- Gov't's 'Year of Return' sash gaffe generates social media trolls
- Stop vilification of Nigerians in Ghana - Commonwealth cautions
- Akufo-Addo inaugurates 5-member committee on emoluments
- Limited registration: Lawyer fears EC may disenfranchise first-time voters
- Parliament cautions media over stereotype reports about Nigerians
- Bawumia attends 8th EITI global conference in Paris
- Man who 'attempted suicide' in Parliament lives with 'bullets in his body' – Sister reveals
- We must assert what need and demand it from our leaders - Kinna Likimani
- Draft Diaspora Engagement Policy ready for stakeholders input
- RE: Suhuyini fabricated Bawumia’s supposed tweet on No Borrowing by NPP
- Alhassan Suhuyini fabricated Bawumia's supposed Tweet on 'no borrowing by NPP'
- Parliamentary immunity: Majority Leader urges caution
- Judge throws out Speaker of Parliament immunity letter again
- Read full court ruling: The Republic vrs Mahama Ayariga