The purported selection of the National Chairman of the Convention People’s Party [CPP] as the paramount Chief of the Nandom Traditional Area, is being challenged.
On Thursday a statement issued by one Alhaji Yussif Botug Benni Chiir, who introduced himself as the head of the royal family of Nandom Traditional Area, announced Professor Edmund Delle as the new Nandom Naa.
“Professor Delle will assume the skin name of NAA PROFESSOR EDMUND NMINYEM DELLE CHIIR VIII. The process is already underway for a public enskinment of Naa Professor Edmund Delle Chiir VIII. Details of the enskinment will be announced in due course,” the statement said.
But this has been challenged.
In another statement issued Friday, one Deri Ziem Chemgoh, who also introduced himself as family head, said the purported process to select a successor for the late Naa Dr. Charles Puoure Puobe Imoru Chiir VII, is false.
According to the statement the traditional and the final funeral rites of the late Naa (Dr.) Puoure Puobe Chiir VII, are still being performed and this would continue for the next forty (40) days
“In this regard, the purported enskinment of Adjunct Prof. Edmund N. DeIle as Nandom Naa should be disregarded. It is simply an attempt to cause mayhem and to disunite the Royal Family and the good people of Nandom.
“We also wish to place on record that the alleged Head of Family, Alhaji Issifu Botug Benni Chiir, is unknown to the Royal Family. The only recognized Regeant/Head of Family is Deri Ziem Chemogoh,” the statement added.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo
- Gov’t urged to consult broadly on Nima regeneration project