The Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has thanked the Asanteman Council and other compatriots for their loyalty and support over the last two decades.
In a message commemorating his 20th anniversary as the overlord of the Ashanti kingdom, he said their unflinching faithfulness and support have contributed to peace throughout Asanteman as well as the country.
The Asantehene also lauded the former presidents as well as President Nana Akufo-Addo for “collectively for their support and the courtesies they have accorded me and the kind words they have written to celebrate my 20th anniversary.”
He also extended words of gratitude to all Ghanaians for their prayers and goodwill messages over the years.
Below is his message:
On the joyful occasion and celebration of the 20th anniversary of my enstoolment on the Golden Stool as the 16th Asantehene, let me thank almighty God for his grace and mercies and the good health he has bestowed on me during these years.
I would like to thank Nananom of the Asanteman Council and my compatriots for their unflinching loyalty and support which have contributed to the relative peace we enjoy throughout Asanteman and indeed throughout our dear country, Ghana.
I ascended the Golden Stool on 26th April 1999 and have interacted with all five Presidents under the fourth Republican Constitution of the Republic of Ghana, i.e. their excellencies; President Jerry John Rawlings, President John Agyekum Kufuor, the late President John Evans Atta Mills, President John Dramani Mahama and currently, President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo. I take this opportunity to thank them collectively for their support and the courtesies they have accorded me and the kind words they have written to celebrate my 20th anniversary.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all Ghanaians for their sympathies, prayers and support when I lost my mother, Asantehemaa Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem II in November 2016.
Finally, to my dear wife Julia, let me thank you publicly for the love and support you have given me throughout our marriage. I could not have carried out the heavy burden of my responsibilities without you being by my side.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- President peddled false energy debt figures in Canada - Minority
- Female MPs must go unchallenged in NDC primaries - Minority Leader
- Amidu takes responsibility for defects in Ayariga's charge sheet
- Ofosu-Ampofo is being investigated for kidnapping of Indian - NDC
- No sacking over poor performance on District League Table – Minister assures
- Akufo-Addo’s Jamaican Visa waiver comments undermine Parliament – Ablakwa
- Gov't's 'Year of Return' sash gaffe generates social media trolls
- Stop vilification of Nigerians in Ghana - Commonwealth cautions
- Akufo-Addo inaugurates 5-member committee on emoluments
- Limited registration: Lawyer fears EC may disenfranchise first-time voters
- Parliament cautions media over stereotype reports about Nigerians
- Bawumia attends 8th EITI global conference in Paris
- Man who 'attempted suicide' in Parliament lives with 'bullets in his body' – Sister reveals
- We must assert what need and demand it from our leaders - Kinna Likimani
- Draft Diaspora Engagement Policy ready for stakeholders input