A flagbearer aspirant of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has been awarded the most promising Muslim politician of the year 2018.
The award was conferred on Nurideen Iddrisu by the organizers of the Muslim Excellence Awards.
He, together with other Muslim professionals, including Sheik IC Quaye were awarded at the event which had the National Chief Imam Sheikh Nuru Sharabutu in attendance.
In the company of his aide and other members of the campaign team, Mr Iddrisu picked up his award for his steadfast commitment to lead the country against the overwhelming odds and for running a clean and decent campaign thus far.
He is one of seven flagbearer aspirants vying to lead the NDC in 2019 and hopefully the country in 2020.
At 43, the young politician decided to enter frontline politics and to vie for the topmost position having stayed behind the political curtains supporting the party’s ideals and financing projects and campaigns for many years.
The citation for his award read: “Thank you for being of good repute to the youth in the Muslim communities. We recognize your work and how it’s impacting the lives of other youth in the Muslim communities. We are grateful for your work and we celebrate you. The future of Muslims is bright because Muslims has you.”
The Muslim Excellence Awards recognizes Muslims who have endeared themselves in their fields of expertise in the year under review.
The award is also to motivate other Muslims, especially the youth to follow their dreams, strive and achieve higher goals.
Speaking to the media after his award, Mr Iddrisu expressed joy that his contribution not only in politics but in the business of banking and the oil sector has been acknowledged.
He expressed optimism that more youth, be they Muslims, Christians, Traditionalist or any other religious sect will be encouraged by his accomplishments to chart a new path for growth and development.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo