The Paramount Chief of the Krachi Traditional Area, Nana Mprah Besemuna III, has expressed appreciation to President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for fulfilling his 2016 campaign promise and facilitating the creation of the new region.
According to the Krachi Paramount Chief, “We are most grateful to you, and assure you that your name will be engraved in letters of gold in the annals of the Oti Region.”
He continued, “As at now, we can only use our mouths to say thank you. Ayekoo, but God Almighty who rewards hard work, we are sure, will reward you at the appropriate time for your hard work in Oti Region. We shall never forget you.”
The President on Tuesday began a six-day tour of the newly created Oti, North East and Savanna regions. These regions are among the six newly created regions of Ghana.
The President started his tour from Jasikan in the Oti Region where he cut sod for the construction of the Jasikan-Dodi Pepesu road project captured under the list of projects to be completed through the two-billion-dollar Sinohydro bauxite barter deal.
Nana Mprah Besemuna III made this known on Wednesday, May 15, at a durbar held in honour of President Akufo-Addo at the Dambai, capital of Oti Region, on day two of the President’s working visit to the newly created region.
Describing the journey for the creation of the region as a “long and tortuous” one, the Krachi wura noted that “God works through his chosen men and women as vessels of positive change.”
In his own appointed time, Nana Mprah Besemuna III added that “he chose Your Excellency, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, to effect the positive change for the people of the Oti Region and bring them to the Promised Land.”
He stated further that “every sincere indigent of Oti Region, regardless of political affiliation, believes and knows that, but for your exceptional courage and tenacity of purpose from the many intimidating factors that gathered during the struggle, the creation of our region would not have been realised.”
He was hopeful that the creation of the Oti Region will deepen the decentralisation of governance, with all the related benefits in term of human and material development.
“We are confident that having kept your promises in the past, Your Excellency will ensure that the governance development policy for the new 6 regions, and for that matter, Oti Region, to spread development, as well as siting the heads of departments and agencies across the entire region to ensure equity, will be carried out to the letter,” he added.
The Krachi Wura noted that, as major stakeholders, “Nananom and JCC members will continue to play a very active and meaningful role in the development of the Oti Region.”
More Politics Headlines
- Bawumia mocks 'General Mosquito' over new Master's degree
- Anlo chief set to mediate Bimbilla chieftaincy dispute
- Minority calls out gov’t over employment data
- A Pratt-Baako ticket for 2020… To break NPP-NDC stranglehold
- Gov’t says 611,397 new jobs created between 2017 and 2018
- Builsa chiefs install Akufo-Addo 'Chief for the Poor and Vulnerable'
- Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre used ¢2m without approval - Report
- Akufo-Addo cuts sod for construction of Tamale Airport Phase II
- House of Chiefs defers Bunkpurugu conflict verdict
- PDS saga: Information Minister rubbishes Minority's petition to U.S.
- 'Free SHS has come to stay' - Mahama
- Minority petitions US ambassador over PDS debacle
- V8 scandal will not affect MP bid - Dumelo
- Apaak wants OSP to prosecute NPP members, FC officials over rosewood export
- $1m payment to Kroll Ass: Sanction Finance Ministry officials - PAC Chair