An Accra Circuit Court has granted a bail sum of ¢35,000 with two sureties to a poultry farmer for allegedly defrauding by false pretence.
Isaac Annobil, aged 46, had been charged with defrauding another poultry farmer, an offence he pleaded not guilty to.
Meanwhile, Joseph Klem, aged 62, a poultry farm manager, who was not present in court was charged with abetment of crime.
The Court presided over by Mrs Afia Owusuaa Appiah adjourned the case to May 31, 2022.
Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Gulliver Tenkorang told the Court that the complainant was Victoria Yevu, the owner of the poultry farm.
The Prosecution said Klem was a manager at Victoria Yevu’s poultry farm and Isaac Annobil was a poultry farmer who lived at East Legon Hills.
Police Chief Inspector Tenkorang said in August 2021, Klem introduced Annobil to Madam Yevu as a Veterinary Doctor who imported day-old chicks from Belgium for sale and he would like Madam Yevu to purchase day-old chicks from him.
The Prosecution said Madam Yevu contacted Annobil and he confirmed to her that he was a Veterinary Doctor and a poultry farm consultant and that he had connections in Belgium to procure day-old chicks for her.
Police Chief Inspector Tenkorang said Madam Yevu paid ¢50,000.00 into Annobil’s ADB account bearing the name Annobil Isaac Ventures for him to supply her with 5,000-day-old chicks.
The Prosecution said Mr Annobil after receipt of the said amount, failed to supply the day-old chicks, and all efforts made by Mr Yevu to either get her money or the chicks proved futile.
Police Chief Inspector Tenkorang said in February 2022, Madam Yevu made a complaint to the Police and the accused persons were arrested.
The Prosecution said in Annobil’s caution statement, that he admitted to having received the said amount from Madam Yevu.
Police Chief Inspector Tenkorang said during investigations, Annobil refunded ¢15,000 to Madam Yevu and promised to pay the rest later but had since not done so.
Investigations also revealed that Annobil was not a Veterinary Doctor as he made Madam Yevu believe and that Klem was also aware that Annobil was not a Veterinary Doctor.
- Ghana classified among 10 countries globally at risk of debt distress – CFR Sovereign Risk Tracker
- Ashanti Regional NPP delegates conference: Voting suspended for the 2nd time after protest from Chairman Odeneho
- Chairman Wontumi re-elected as Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman
- Lil Win’s ex wife reacts after he remarries, calls him an opportunist
- Champions League agony for Liverpool as Real Madrid win
- About 70% of the Achimota Forest Reserve is gone – Bright Simons
- Incumbent Greater Accra Regional chairman, Divine Otoo Agorhom retained
- The new youngest self-made billionaire in the world is a 25-year-old college dropout
- Photos and videos: Hitz FM’s Rep Ur Jersey underway at Aviation Social Centre
- Sir John’s alleged property at Achimota forest and Ramsar site will be returned to the state – Abu Jinapor
I will use my second term to correct my past mistakes – Newly elected Upper West NPP chair
You left a will that includes all of us – Naana Opoku-Agyemang to late President Mills
Pollution of water bodies by galamsey at an alarming proportion – Water Resources Commission
Makafui Kofi Woanyah retained as Volta Regional NPP Chairman
Champions League agony for Liverpool as Real Madrid win
Chairman Wontumi re-elected as Ashanti Regional NPP Chairman
Incumbent Greater Accra Regional chairman, Divine Otoo Agorhom retained
We are working towards victory in 2024 – John Boadu
Commercialise prosecution of corruption and corruption related offenses – Domelevo to government
Hitz FM’s ‘Rep Ur Jersey 2022’ in pictures
Mind your business – Stefflon Don takes social media by surprise with Burna Boy ‘diss track’
NPP delegates in Bono East Region elect new chairman
Asset declaration law is insufficient – Martin Kpebu
Burial date for singer, Osinachi announced
AU: terrorism ecosystem evolving towards nexus between terrorism, others