Member of Parliament for Tamale North, Alhassan Suhuyini, has expressed concerns about President Akufo-Addo’s approach to the fight against corruption.
His comments follow a recent documentary by investigative journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni, which exposed Chief Executive Officer of the Public Procurement Authority (PPA) of alleged conflict of interest and corruption.
According to Mr Suhuyini, the Akufo-Addo administration’s attitude is nothing to write home about, and the recent scandal at PPA proves that indeed the New Patriotic Party government is becoming the worst government Ghana has ever had.
“Corruption under Akufo-Addo is nothing to write home about. Anytime there is scandal in this government the only pattern Akufo-Addo takes is, ‘suspend’, ‘cleared’, ‘reinstate’ or ‘reassign’ and this attitude isn’t changing. This is the rotten pattern they know,” he stated Wednesday on Joy News’ AM Show.
“The reality of this scandal is simply unveiling who the person really is. They quickly suspended the man because they want us to know that indeed Akufo-Addo is a corruption kingpin,” he said.
“You have the Deputy Attorney-General, who is in court everyday chasing all kinds of contracts that were sole-sourced, sits there as member of the board approving all these contracts and we think it’s only Adjei, no, it is bigger than Adjei,” he noted.
- Waterstone Realty Ltd sues government for $4.7m over National Cathedral project
- We will no longer be paying ¢0.50 and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister hints at increase
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Livestream: Parliament to determine Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- Minority confident of kicking out Ofori-Atta by end of censure motion vote today
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Road toll has not been abolished; law still exists – Roads Minister
- Ofori-Atta’s censure motion: Our side didn’t take sitting allowances – Ablakwa
- Building a Village Dream: Mafi Anfoe youth construct teachers’ bungalow to improve education
- Investigroup partners commission model unit ahead of affordable housing project
- Lemonade Finance presents John Dumelo in ‘For Mama’ ad
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Relying on international capital market for development not sustainable – Alan
- SIGA pledges to implement appropriate measures to make SOEs profitable
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Joy FM’s Party in the Park set for Dec. 26 at Aburi Gardens
- Mampong residents fume over attempts to introduce mining in community
- Censure motion: Majority MPs walk out as Minority members cast vote
- Man, 27, arrested for shooting motor rider he hired
- Reports about firebreak untrue – Bank of Ghana
- Harry and Meghan on Netflix: Royals ‘didn’t understand need to protect Meghan’
- Censure motion: I have committed no crime – Ken Ofori-Atta
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams