The President John Dramani Mahama on Friday joined the Chiefs and people of Akropong in the Eastern Region to mourn the late Okuapemanhene, Oseadeeyo Addo Dankwa.
President, Mahama in his tribute to the late paramount chief intimated that the late Oseadeeyo Addo Dankwa, was more than a father to him and he therefore has an obligation to mourn him appropriately, just like any of Nana’s children.
President Mahama said this when he visited Okuapeman to formally pay his tribute to the late Chief as part of the funeral rites for Oseadeeyo Addo Dankwa.
Oseadeeyo Addo Dankwa acceded the throne in 1974 and ruled for nearly 41 years until his death in July last year.
President Mahama donated a carton of schnapps, 20 crates of assorted drinks, 20 cartons of bottled water and a cash of â‚µ10,000 towards the funeral.
He assured Okuapeman of government’s full participation, promising a delegation led by the Vice President, Kwesi Amissah Arthur, will be present on Saturday for the burial rites.
The President’s visit followed similar visits by other dignitaries including former President Jerry John Rawlings, the flagbearer of the opposition New Patriotic Party for the 2016 elections, Nana Addo Danquah Akufo Addo and his running mate Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
- NSMQ 2021 national championship starts today
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
LGBTQI+ activities are illegal in 69 UN member states – Report
World Cup Qualifiers: Broos names provisional squad for crucial Zimbabwe and Ghana encounters
15 Assembly members and others granted bail for cursing Regional Minister
Akufo-Addo declares his support for first female vice-chancellor of UG
Livestream: Ashanti Regional NPP holds Delegates’ Conference
Former Kotoko striker Kwame Opoku warns Hearts not to underrate Saoura
Government provides funds to complete first phase of KNUST Teaching Hospital
I want to wear the jersey of Kotoko – Asamoah Gyan hints at possible last dance with ‘childhood’ club
Ofori-Atta to present 2022 Budget on Nov. 17
Prayer camps should be incentivised to bring breast cancer patients to hospital – Okoe Boye
South Sudan Sports Minister calls on Executive Director of National Service Scheme
‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Provide strategic direction to IGP to build a professional service – Akufo-Addo charges Police Council
Inter-ministerial AU-ECOWAS Consultative workshop on implementing CSVRA, CSVMS opens in Accra
‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail