Audio By Carbonatix
Acting Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Shippers’ Authority, Prof Ransford Gyampo, has responded to claims made by the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) regarding his alleged interference in a raid on some offices of Strategic Mobilisation Limited (SML).
In a Facebook post made Sunday, June 22, Prof Gyampo clarified that he did not call the OSP’s office, as suggested in a statement released by Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng, but rather contacted Mr Agyebeng directly.
“I didn’t call your office, I called YOU,” Gyampo wrote. “We never spoke on phone because you said you couldn’t speak and that you were going to call back.”
The OSP, in a statement, had earlier alleged that Prof Gyampo had reached out to the Office with calls and messages concerning SML while officers from the OSP and National Security were conducting a lawful search at the company’s premises.
The statement, according to the OSP implied that such communication risked interfering with an ongoing investigation.
The OSP statement, however, failed to offer the full details of Prof Gyampo's interaction.
Dr Gyampo stated that his text message to the Special Prosecutor merely cautioned him to avoid actions that could result in financial loss to the state, even as he carried out his mandate, a duty Prof Gyampo affirmed he “fully favours.”

He further explained that his concerns stemmed from what he described as “rumours across the political divide”, suggesting that personal motives might drive the OSP’s investigation of former Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta.
“I only expressed the hope that your intentions are patriotic and not personal. That’s all,” Prof Gyampo said.
Prof Gyampo took issue with what he called an “unfair” insinuation by the OSP that his message might have been an attempt to influence the investigation.
“That makes me then doubt your intentions the more,” he added.
Prof Gyampo, in his response, indicated that he would release the WhatsApp messages he sent to the Special Prosecutor to provide full context and prove that his only concern was the potential for unnecessary cost to the state.
The OSP dismissed claims by Prof Ransford Gyampo, suggesting that the ongoing investigation into former Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, is driven by personal animosity.
In a statement published on Facebook on June 22, the OSP expressed concern over Prof Gyampo’s comments, which it characterised as misleading and potentially harmful to the integrity of its operations.
Latest Stories
-
CDD flags bail and pre-trial detention controversies in assessment of Mahama’s one-year administration
31 seconds -
Drivers’ union tours Kinbu-Tudu Street; commends Accra Mayor for traffic relief efforts
4 minutes -
CDD flags violence, governance gaps and legal loopholes in assessment of one-year of Mahama administration
8 minutes -
CDD warns of ‘backdoor’ criminal libel; slow pace on key accountability reforms
10 minutes -
The Myth of Benevolence: Deconstructing the benefits of colonialism in Ghana
13 minutes -
NAM 1 tells court BoG guided Menzgold operations
19 minutes -
CDD raises red flag over GH₵20,000 gift threshold in ministers’ code
26 minutes -
Deputy CEO of EPA rides to work, sparks debate on safety and clean transport
27 minutes -
NSA and UNFPA unveil work readiness programme to train 150,000 graduates annually
45 minutes -
Security expert urges Mahama to appoint Zanetor Agyeman-Rawlings as Defence Minister
51 minutes -
Majority, Minority clash over bill to revert NIB name to BNI and overhaul national security structure
51 minutes -
NDPC stresses compliance, visible development outcomes in Eastern Region engagement
53 minutes -
‘Legislation alone does not fund sports’ – Kofi Adams
57 minutes -
Article 146 now the most confusing provision in the Constitution—Kamal-Deen Abdulai
57 minutes -
NDPC promises intensified action on consolidated long term development plan for sustainable growth
1 hour
