Mohammed Salisu says he is “proud and honoured” after scoring his first goal for Southampton in the third round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday.
Salisu put the Saints in the lead against Sheffield United with a well controlled tap in finish after a low cross from Nathan Tella.
Southampton eventually won the game on penalties after Rhian Brewster and Oliver McBurnie failed to convert for the Championship side.
Salisu, who joined the Premier League side from Real Valladolid just over a year ago, shared his excitement on social media after scoring his first goal.
“Proud and honoured to score my first goal for Southampton. Thanks for your amazing support.”
The Ghanaian defender has enjoyed the start of the new season playing in every game so far bar the 1/32 finals of the Carabao Cup against Newport.
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- Assistant police chief claims she was told to get abortion to keep her job
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
Akufo-Addo to launch alternative employment and livelihood programme today
Pastor whose prophecy triggered Shatta Wale’s hoax shooting to reappear in court today
Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
Mohamed Salah breaks Premier League goals record for Africa
Farmers in Ghana ready to grow genetically modified cowpea
Sudan’s civilian leaders arrested amid coup reports
Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
Manchester United 0-5 Liverpool: ‘This was a terrible mismatch and Solskjaer has to take blame?’
Today’s front pages: Monday, October 25, 2021
37th ICAG Graduation Ceremony: female UEW graduate adjudged overall best candidate
Komenda Sugar Factory: Alan Kyerematen never sold land to “Akpeteshie Distillers” – Trade Ministry
3 in Police custody for faking kidnapping incident in Takoradi
Spectacular and elusive Shelley’s eagle-owl rediscovered in Atewa Forest
Wielding guns in public without permit prohibited by law – Agortey
I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister