Prudential Bank Limited has donated an amount of ¢200,000 to the Covid-19 National Trust Fund in Accra.
This is in addition to earlier donations made by the indigenous bank to the Ghana Association of Bankers, Ghana Tourism Authority, Ghana Immigration Service and the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Speaking at a short ceremony at the Jubilee House, the Managing Director of Prudential Bank, John K. Addo said the donation was to complement government’s efforts to combat the pandemic.
He said the fight against the disease requires the collective effort of the entire citizenry.
Mr Addo who was accompanied by the Board Chairperson of the bank, Muriel Edusei, said it was necessary to minimise the negative impact of the disease on livelihoods, businesses and the economy as a whole, hence the decision by the bank to support this cause.
Archbishop Justice Ofei Akrofi, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Covid-19 Trust Fund, who received the donation thanked the bank for the kind gesture.
He also used the opportunity to appeal to other corporate institutions to support the Fund saying that the success of the fight is for the benefit of all.
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Women have been misled about menopause says New York Times
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- We have a concerted approach for investment facilitation in Ghana – GIPC’s Deputy CEO
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the revised debt exchange programme
- Teachers from 48 schools undergo CHAG’s HIV, TB training
- Insecurity in relationships and how to handle it
- Bright Simons: Will a global circular economy help or hurt Africa?
- Businessman to construct bridges to connect cut off Lawoshime community to Keta
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- Include us in Traditional Council Affairs – Buipe Queen Mothers
- Andre Ayew explains decision to join Nottingham Forest
- Kylian Mbappe: Paris St-Germain striker to miss Champions League tie with injury
- Andre Ayew joins Nottingham Forest after Al Sadd departure
- Okaikwei South MP supports 200 students in Constituency
- Peru grows 6,000 different types of potatoes – Peruvian Ambassador to Ghana
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Illegal mining: Government to reclaim five thousand hectares of land destroyed by Galamsey