Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana midfielder Laryea Kingston was prevented from physically assaulting coach Milovan Rajevac after he was axed from the Black Stars final 23-man squad for the World Cup next month.
But the Serbian manager was not spared the verbal attacks of the midfielder after his axing from the final squad on Saturday. Kingston accused the tactician of being a bad coach.
An incensed Kingston had to be held back by the vice president of the Ghana FA Fred Pappoe as he went for the coach with an arm raised and a fist clenched.
Kingston verbally attacked the cowering coach repeatedly with in a very loud an angry outburst, an insider told MTNFootball exclusively.
“I swear to God you are not a good coach. You don’t know anything about football, you stupid man!,” Kingston yelled.
Kingston’s exclusion has shocked fans because he was tipped to make the final squad after missing the 2006 tournament because of suspension.
The axing of the former Scotland-based midfielder compounds his misery after his contract with Hearts was not renewed.
The Ghana FA had warned dropped players against violent recriminations in a letter they signed last week, promising to be of good behaviour when they are left out.
But Kingston seems to have followed in the footsteps of Baba Armando who accused officials of taking bribes from players before the final squad for the 2006 World Cup was named.
Armando has since not been invited and it looks likely that like Francis Dickoh, who verbally abused coach Claude Le Roy after he was left out of the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations squad, Kingston will not be entertained in future assignments.
Source: worldcup.mtnfootball.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Pereira announced as Forest boss on 18-month deal
31 minutes -
Benatia leaves Marseille amid ‘growing dissatisfaction’
41 minutes -
Captain Van Dijk wants ‘so important’ Salah to stay
50 minutes -
SMS must deliver in 5 seconds – NCA issues new mobile service targets
1 hour -
NCA orders telcos to extend network coverage beyond district capitals
1 hour -
African Union summit clouded by Saudi-UAE rivalry in Horn of Africa
2 hours -
No more excuses – NCA rolls out stricter mobile service standards
2 hours -
Call drops must fall below 1% – NCA raises bar for telcos
2 hours -
China to implement zero tariffs on imports from 53 African countries
5 hours -
Tunisian police detain opposition figure Olfa Hamdi at airport
5 hours -
US deports 9 to Cameroon despite court protections, NYT says
5 hours -
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
5 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
5 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
5 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
6 hours
