Four people have died in an accident at Nobwem – New Koforifua in the Asante Juaben municipality on Friday.
This was confirmed by the Konongo Police Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) in the Ashanti Region.
Eyewitnesses say the Sprinter bus with registration number, AC 910-19 crashed into a cargo truck with number, AS 5818-P causing nine others to sustain injuries.
Both vehicles were heading from Accra towards Kumasi when the incident occurred at about 3:00am.
One of the survivors, Agyeman Joseph, told Adom News that, “there were between 22 and 24 passengers on the car at the time of the accident.”
Agyeman Joseph further explained they cautioned the driver to reduce the speed on that stretch of the road, but he paid no heed.
“I slept for a while but when I woke up, I realised our bus has smashed into another truck. It was crazy,” he told Adom News‘ Amoako Poncho .
The injured are receiving treatment at the hospital.
Meanwhile, a Senior Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) of Asante Akyem central, Charlotte Ofobiri, who was one of the first responders at the scene, pleaded with government to provide them with personal protective equipment to improve their services.
Charlotte Ofobiri also told the news team that erratic supply of electricity posed a challenge to their efforts to save lives of accident victims.
According to her, one of the survivors who needed blood to be sucked out of her system, had to wait in pain as electricity supply had been disrupted.
The medical officers waited for the electrical power to be restored before they could administer the procedure to save the patient’s life.
- Akufo-Addo was apt, Aflao chief is not supposed to give Ministers of State ultimatums – Okoe Boye
- ‘Go and sin no more’ – Court cautions evangelist for fingering, fondling woman
- Lawyers reject compensation packages for victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon bye-election
- Arrogance of power has taken over Akufo-Addo – Sammy Gyamfi
- NIA to suspend services at 34 registration centres from Oct. 25 to Nov. 2
- Okada Riders Association reject government quadricycles
- We already knew that Komenda was an emotional project – Kofi Bentil
- Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
- Ghanaians would have paid more for sugar even with Komenda Sugar Factory – Kofi Bentil
- Adom TV’s ‘Big Talent Show’ gave me hope after I was wrongfully jailed for 5 years – Contestant
Winning the Super Cup will motivate us for Premier League promotion – Skyy FC coach
DOL Super Cup: Skyy FC edge out Tema Youth in epic shoot to claim maiden title
Ibrahimovic scores at both ends as Milan edge nine-man Bologna
Guardiola believes Foden can get better after his brace against Brighton
80% of widows who turned out for Tamale screening diagnosed with hypertension
KNUST JHS wins maiden edition of Nhyira FM Akan Akansie
Ejisuman SHS embarks on Peace Walk over encroachment of school lands
It’s time to legislate on funding, executing of projects – Kofi Bentil
NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
KBTH releases detained breast cancer patients after NDC Deputy Women’s Organiser settles medical bills
38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
LEAP beneficiaries to be paid from October 25 to 29
Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Unemployed graduate – think about your pension
IGP visits Police officers involved in Walewale-Bolgatanga accident
Take education seriously – GFA tells players at maiden BARFA Women Awards