Mohamed Salah's first-half strike moved Liverpool top of the Premier League table with a 1-0 victory over a stubborn Brighton side.
Salah, who scored a record 38 goals in the Premier League last season, secured the three points with a clinical finish off the inside of the post.
Jurgen Klopp's side were not at their fluid best, with their most dangerous moments coming before Salah struck.
After Sadio Mane poked a shot just wide, Roberto Firmino drew a smart save out of Mat Ryan with a downward header before Trent Alexander-Arnold hit the bar with a free-kick.
Brighton claimed a stunning 3-2 win against Manchester United in their previous game but rarely threatened to follow that up with an upset at Anfield.
They did, however, give the hosts some nervous moments in the closing stages and were denied a point when Alisson saved superbly from Pascal Gross' header.
Liverpool are the only side to have taken maximum points from their three league games after reigning champions Manchester City dropped points at Wolves earlier on Saturday.
Chelsea and Watford also boast a 100% record but have played one game less than Liverpool.
- Minority sets 5 conditions for approving 2022 Budget
- Court issues warrant for arrest of Sosu
- I was enjoying the display of ignorance by Mpraeso MP – Asiedu Nketia
- Ken Ofori-Atta did not show good faith – Asiedu Nketia
- Virgil Abloh, artistic director for Louis Vuitton and Off-White founder, dies of cancer at 41
- Cedi under intense pressure; ranked among African currencies with ‘Worst Spot Returns’ – Bloomberg
- ‘It is very difficult and trying times for family of missing Lands Commission staff’ – Lawyer
- Reform of legal education system necessary to accommodate current realities – Akufo-Addo
- Suspension of road toll: Roads Minister must consult Attorney-General on the right thing to do – Legal expert
- Playback: Public hearing of LGBTQI+ bill underway
There is a high level of trust between residents in border communities and security services – CDD Report
GRIDCO expects outages in Greater Kumasi to end by Dec. 20
100 carpenters in Kumasi schooled on improved working techniques and safety precautions
UDS Senior Staff Association suspends strike
Photos: Golden Tulip celebrates 30 years anniversary
How does Showmax work on your phone?
2022 Budget: Projected 42.9% increment in revenue necessary for debt sustainability – Tesah Capital
‘A job is much more than an income, it is a key to dignity, self-reliance and empowerment’ – Duffuor
Rwandans launch Umuganda in Ghana with Community engagement and clean up exercise
Did Sam George goof about the criminalisation of intersex people under the Anti-LGBT Bill?
Photos: A girl’s first day holding a computer
Eddie Nii Mensah-Fawzy
Omicron variant: Travel ban in South Africa discriminatory – John Amuasi
Twitter founder Jack Dorsey expected to step down as chief executive – reports
Didier Drogba hosts tonight’s Ballon d’Or event