Audio By Carbonatix
Hervé Renard has left his role as coach of Saudi Arabia’s national team amid reports he is set to take over France’s women’s national team.
Yesterday, the Saudi FA said it had agreed to terminate Renard’s contract, ending a four-year spell in charge. His tenure was highlighted by a win over eventual champion Argentina in the group stage of the World Cup in Qatar last year.
The 54-year-old former Black Stars physical trainer, did not announce his future plans but he thanked the Saudi people and said he was “very proud to have been able to show to the world the progress and a good image of Saudi football.”
“It’s time for me to fly to an other horizon but with (these) memories engraved in me,” Renard wrote on Twitter.
In a video message posted on the Saudi team’s Twitter page, Renard reflected on the win over Argentina by saying: “I think it will stay forever in the memory of the Saudi people.”
“This experience was amazing, with a lot of support,” he added.
Reports in France have said Renard is in line to coach the French women’s team at this year’s World Cup, which kicks off in July in Australia and New Zealand.
Latest Stories
-
Ga Mantse stable after early morning accident
43 seconds -
Pressure mounts as Arsenal blow 2-goal lead to draw at Wolves
10 minutes -
Club Brugge fight back to leave Atletico tie delicately poised
20 minutes -
Benfica claim ‘defamation campaign’ against Prestianni
29 minutes -
Sinner and Alcaraz reach Qatar quarter-finals
37 minutes -
Kenpong Travel and Tours to launch 2026 World Cup travel package on Friday
43 minutes -
‘It hurts a lot’ – Coutinho announces Vasco exit
45 minutes -
Provider – A new gospel anthem of faith, hope, and divine supply
53 minutes -
MOBA heads to Accra Ridge for 11th National Conference on Feb 21
1 hour -
Ghana’s Doris Quainoo clocks new PB 8.23s to claim second place at Jarvis City Invite
1 hour -
Spain luxury hotel scammer booked rooms for one cent, police say
1 hour -
Zuckerberg defends Meta in landmark social media addiction trial
1 hour -
Suspected carbon-monoxide leak kills at least 30 miners in Nigeria, witnesses say
2 hours -
First Lady hails police as stolen Mamprobi baby is found and reunited with family
2 hours -
Ford Foundation’s president Heather Gerken makes first official visit to Nigeria
2 hours
