A year ago, today, Christopher Opoku died.
A former staff of the Multimedia Group with Luv FM and, then later, with Asempa FM, he was easily one of the most towering figures - physically and in clout - among the sports journalism fraternity.
He passed on after a long battle with cancer, leaving behind a wife and three daughters (pictured above). This anniversary piece is from the family he left behind.
To my husband Christopher Nana Opoku.
I can't believe it's a year already Chris.
A year without a phone call from you,
A year without sharing ideas with you
A year without singing together,
A year without your hugs and smile
A year without you.
l hope l've taken the right decisions where our daughters are concerned.
I can't recount all the times l have taken my phone to call you only to be told that the phone is off,
I dont remember the number of times l have cried (like right now, as I write) wishing to be with you Chris.
And to hear you call me, "Viv!". Just hearing your voice'll be enough, Chris.
Owuo ayε m'ade paa.
Only those who have lost husbands can tell the grief that we bear,
In silence for the one we love so, so dearly.
In life l loved you dearly and in death l still do same, Chris.
When days are dark and friends are few, how l long for you my love.
You are not forgotten; your memory lives on. For l see you in our daughters - they exhibit you, your gift and personality in different ways.
God has been good to us and he's been with us through and through.
Remember Viv still loves you even in death and l will always love you.
Till we meet again, my love Chris. Till we meet again..
Mrs. Vivian Treasure Opoku.
And from your daughters,
Dora Valerie Opoku, Christabel Opoku, and Constance Opoku.
Have your say
More Services Headlines
- James Emmanuel Kwegyir Aggrey-Orleans
- Mrs. Kathleen Amissah-Aidoo
- Obituary: Ohenenana Maame Afua Abrefi Prempeh
- Mr. Peter Yaw Agyeman
- Jenkins Kwame Awumee
- OPANYIN SAMUEL GEORGE BOATENG
- MR. GOTTFRIED MARTIN SARPONG
- Joseph Ohene-Manu
- Photos: Methodist Church Ghana celebrates Vice President Bawumia’s birthday
- [Sponsored] “Ghanaians now have a choice to avoid eye injections in cataract surgery” - Dr. Osafo-Kwaako
- Photos: 2018 Pop Chain All-Star Concert a huge success
- Dr. Richard Emmanuel Odiko Quarshie
- Lodovico Vincenzo Lamptey
- MRS. CONSTANCE ELIZABETH ETSIAPA WOOD (NEE ANQUANDAH)
- Dr. Lawrence Oware Gyekye